c4 vette chassis blank canvas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
This is about what i will have if i get the body off. Mine is 350 and auto. I'm thinking keep the frame sections that support the front and rear suspension and narrow the center rails. I know i don't want a big full fendered body but beyond that i don't have a plan. Y'all have ideas for a body? Keep in mind i am all about cheap and easy? :D

CL

search craigslist for a fiberglass body or project some is selling at a reasonable price.

l found a 27 roadster body for about $6OO in seattle.

Later:cool:

This is about what i will have if i get the body off. Mine is 350 and auto. I'm thinking keep the frame sections that support the front and rear suspension and narrow the center rails. I know i don't want a big full fendered body but beyond that i don't have a plan. Y'all have ideas for a body? Keep in mind i am all about cheap and easy? :D

Why not a fat fendered body, fat fenders rule!!!! [ddd

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, does that mean you were thinking older or newer, then?

I've saw them used under some 50s mercs, and a few early 50s Chevys. Anything other then that and you will have to cut the frame all up to make it work.

I'm not so sure about that. C4 is a unit body, no full frame. Rear suspension bolts to the body, front has a subframe. That must be a custom built frame using C4 suspension.

I'm not so sure about that. C4 is a unit body, no full frame. Rear suspension bolts to the body, front has a subframe. That must be a custom built frame using C4 suspension.

Yeah. It has framerails buried in the rocker panels but it's not really a full frame. Clearly the only option is to make a Vette-Kart like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD3y7ylpqO8

I looked for c4 chassis and that was the best photo i could find. I guess i will see what it really is when i cut it up. Fiberglass bodies aren't an option for me. That's why this one is going away. :D
I want to show off the suspension which is really the main attraction here.
Probably it will need to be similar to Annamel's project.
$1800 running and driving, body damage only wreck. I think i can be back on the road with it for less than 3k the way i do things. :rolleyes:
Thanks for your suggestions and please keep them coming.

wasnt there a 20's aluminum body sedan on CL u posted up a little while back...

what else could u want..!?!?!?! light and fast!

How wide is a C4? I'm guessing pretty wide.

You probably need to be thinking 60's stuff or an early BIG truck.

It's a great start. You could make a sheet metal C Cab to fit. Square tubing and flat sheet metal. Or corrugated galvanized siding. How about a Scion mini van body? If the wheels stick out too far, add trailer fenders.

Latest posts

Back