Can any one identify this

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patina

It might be asking alot but here it goes....

Judging by the chassis size i would guess a truck or something like that

picture.php
picture.php

66 back the rear end is not as wide as the 67 to72 in the 1/2 ton. i think GMC's had leaf springs Chevy's had coil springs. this is the same rear setup they use in nascar.

What exactly is the question? Trailing arms were used on chevy trucks from 60-72. With a widend axle in 70 and a 6 to 5 lug in 71. I used a 69 on my ride with custom trailing arms.

What exactly is the question? Trailing arms were used on chevy trucks from 60-72. With a widend axle in 70 and a 6 to 5 lug in 71. I used a 69 on my ride with custom trailing arms.

Well the PO didn't know what kind of frame /suspension he was looking at... a couple other guys didn't buy my answer as to what he found and others, I guess, were miffed.

I think we can now all agree that the PO's pics are from a GM pick-up frame...

i just wanted know wat it came out of. I seen somone make them out of square tubbing cut down the middle and welded back together in a model a and though they would be cool to grab.

I ain't seed nothin looks like no picher from patina yet [S

Think I'll go get a cold one and ponder why my drivetrain man is such a slacker....

hankus, mus be sumtin' wrong wich yer 'puter, or yer eyesite.:D

patina, there's a company in Cali making rear suspensions using thier version of Chevy truck arms. Pricey though.

In the 70's I used a pair on a Model A sedan, with Corvair coils. The car is still on the road and unchanged. An excellent set up.

Well the PO didn't know what kind of frame /suspension he was looking at... a couple other guys didn't buy my answer as to what he found and others, I guess, were miffed.

I think we can now all agree that the PO's pics are from a GM pick-up frame...

Krooser, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the folks were disagreeing with your answer. I think the problem was that the photo was not showing up for a while and people couldn't see it. I know I couldn't see it until just now and I think that's what some of the other posters were eluding to.

Well some can see and some caint [S

I'd usually write it off to this phone, which is where I usually post from, but its nice to know I ain't the only picher deficient one here today.

Latest posts

Back