Can you tell me the year

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can any body tell me the year of my pytmouth? rat rod 006.JPG

rat rod 001.JPG

rat rod 005.JPG

Any info is better than no info

I agree with GJunktion.

Some info borrowed from this site...

http://www.allpar.com/history/plymouth/1930.html

"Production of the Model 30U, as it was called, began just three short days after the model U was shut down on, April 5, 1930. As was Chrysler's practice at the time, the 30U did not carry a model year designation - for the first two and a half months the car was a 1930, then on July 1st, with car serial number 1530245, the car became a 1931 model, which is how the 30U remained until the end of production on June 8, 1931."

"Another interesting aspect of the 30U Plymouths is the rear window shape - -early cars were built with a rectangular rear window while later cars were fitted with an oval shaped window (which would be a PA trademark). Exactly when in production this change took place is not known."

Thank you both for the information. I will try to keep photos of it posted as the "transformation" Begins. Also any body out there have a right rear door laying around? may be hard to come by so better start looking right away. Thanks again, TDSS

Latest posts

Back