Car clubs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KnoxVegas

Does anyone here know about any car clubs in East TN that are low key and drama free and looking for members? I'd like to find a few more like minded people and expand my trading circles.

I dont know of any clubs in this area. Cruise in friday night here in Seymour behind Wendys and saturday night behind Advanced auto parts on Clinton HWY.
Tim

I have been a member of so many..

been a member of so many clubs over the years, and in my old age, not much interested anymore. I have never seen any that didn't have internal drama, and politics. Not what I am into cars for.

We had a T Bucket club here several years ago. It all fell apart, most would not show for a meeting and some would not show for a cruise. Became a total waste of time.

Where in east Tn are ya.

I've never belonged to a club, mostly because I didn't like the way a lot of them treat new people. But I thought it would be good to know a few more people to hang out with and spin wrenches, go to car shows ect. I don't really know that many people in my area that are into the same kinda stuff as I am. Unfortunately most of the people that I know that are into wrenching and trading live in Indiana. I guess I'll just hang out at the shows more and meet people that way.

I dont know of any clubs in this area. Cruise in friday night here in Seymour behind Wendys and saturday night behind Advanced auto parts on Clinton HWY.
Tim

I didn't know about Wendy's but I do go to Clinton Hwy. Pretty much everyone that I've met there have been friendly. It's a nice little show.

I belonged to a local club for a while and for one year took over the Presidentcy. They asked me to take a second year and I said no thanks. Worst non paying job I have ever had in my life........spent most of my time fielding calls from one member not happy about one thing, or another member not happy about something else.

The one thing I did love though was when 10 or 20 of us would get in our rods and drive to some distant location for dinner or another club function. It was really cool to see all these rods going in a line down the road. People would go nuts, taking pictures from car windows with cell phones and stuff like that. That was very neat. :D

Don

We had a T Bucket club here several years ago. It all fell apart, most would not show for a meeting and some would not show for a cruise. Became a total waste of time.

Where in east Tn are ya.

I'm in Knoxville. You sell axle parts, don't you? If I brought a I beam straight axle to you do you think that you could supply me with kingpins and whatever else it might need?

I belonged to a local club for a while and for one year took over the Presidentcy. They asked me to take a second year and I said no thanks. Worst non paying job I have ever had in my life........spent most of my time fielding calls from one member not happy about one thing, or another member not happy about something else.

The one thing I did love though was when 10 or 20 of us would get in our rods and drive to some distant location for dinner or another club function. It was really cool to see all these rods going in a line down the road. People would go nuts, taking pictures from car windows with cell phones and stuff like that. That was very neat. :D

Don

That does sound like a good time to cruise around with that many rods. I ride motorcycles and really like it when we can get several bikes together and go for a ride. Since the riders I hang out with all customize their bikes it kinda turns into a rolling show. Even with those guys I have run into some drama though. Mostly just different ideas of what the term "Going for a ride" means. I always want to put a couple hundred miles behind us and go see the mountains or something new. To some people riding 6 miles to the bar and hanging out there is "riding". To each his own I guess.

I guess I am fortunate in that I hang out with 6 guys that I went to high school with (that was many years ago) and my oldest son. So I guess that would be my "car club".

I guess I am fortunate in that I hang out with 6 guys that I went to high school with (that was many years ago) and my oldest son. So I guess that would be my "car club".

That's kinda how my group was when I still lived in Indiana but I've moved around a lot so I don't get to hang out with my family and friends "car club" as much as I used to.

I'm in Knoxville. You sell axle parts, don't you? If I brought a I beam straight axle to you do you think that you could supply me with kingpins and whatever else it might need?

Bring it on out to the shop and we will see what we can do for you. Shop # is 865-932-7541.

Latest posts

Back