Car movies?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I can't believe no one has mentioned "The Fast and the Furious"......come on!.............lmao:D :D

Tracy

In the late 50's early 60's there was a movie titled "The Fast And The Furious" about a guy that steals a Jag. Nothing like the F and F we know today.

BTW I agree "The Worlds Fastest Indian" is a great flick.

If someone already mentioned "Duel", I missed seeing it posted. It is kind of a dated movie, but pretty suspenseful. All about a big old trailer truck that terrorizes a traveling salesman driving across country. I think it was one of Spielbergs first films.

Check it out.

Don

Attachments

• duel.jpg
    duel.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 6
Man I loved Duel and Trucks! Something about demented big rigs!:D

SSSSHHHHHHH!!! I just downloaded The Fastest Indian. I'll watch it tonight at work!

wheres the love for GREASE! Grease lighting!!!!!!

Last movie they played at the local drive in here before it was torn down. It was one of the last in the country. Guess whats replacing it? Offices....:(

not much of a rod movie but i know i cant get enough of the truck from jeepers creepers

Attachments

• Jeepers-Creepers-highway.jpg
    Jeepers-Creepers-highway.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 7
Guys I just watched The World's Fastest Indian! It is the best movie I've seen in a long time! To anyone that hasn't seen it, put this at the top of your list!

How about "One Cab's Family" by Tex Avery in 1952.

It is one of the best cartoons of that era where a taxi cab father has a taxi cab son who wants to be a race car. At one point he is a roadster with a hot flathead and a fox tail, but he has an accident and ends ups being a sleeper - a taxi cab body with the hot rod engine and hidden exhaust.

I have been keeping an eye out for this cartoon so I can make myself a DVD!

Attachments

• One-Cabs-Family[1].jpg
    One-Cabs-Family[1].jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 2
The Choppers is a good b-flick. Junkman, done by H.B. Halicki, same guy that did the original Gone In 60 Seconds. He has another car flick too, but the name escapes me. Oh, and The Big Wheel is another old b-flick starring Mickey Rooney as a young racer following in his deceased fathers foot steps.

My all time favorite movie is Rebel Without A Cause, not a "car movie" persay, but its got James Dean and some nice rides in it for sure.

Theres a ton more, but I cant think of them right now. Ya have to dig around at the local Wal-Marts in the el cheapo bin for some of the obscure b-flick car movies. Thats pretty much where I always find mine.

I agree, Rebel Without a Cause is a good movie. At Sam's Club they have the James Dean collection with all three of his movies for $14.

Latest posts

Back