Car Tag

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kzoldman

I was hanging out at a friend my mine's booth at the swap this weekend (he had shade ;)) and heard something I had never heard and was wondering if you guys know anything about it. His brother had tossed in some bird houses he built with car tags for roofs. Well this guy comes by and says they will lock you up in Florida for that. It's against the law. Is that nation wide or just a Florida thing? I have seen bird houses sold like this for years, what's up with that?
(I found a pic on the internet like I'm talking about)

Attachments

• bird-house-license-plate-roof-800X800.jpg
    bird-house-license-plate-roof-800X800.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 43
If they're expired tags I don't see what the problem would be! [S But who knows what goes on in the workings of the mental giants at DMV!!!!..:D..CR

I'm not up on Florida law but I doubt you could get in any trouble for using old tags like that... it's real popular here in Texas & I used them for body panels on my panel truck!

BoB

I doubt it is a problem. I have been in lots of restaurants and bars where they have the walls plastered with license plates from all different states. Some even have money taped to the walls.

But they seem to have a law for everything these days, so who knows.:(

Don

i have never heard of someone getting locked up for making or even selling anything out of an expired tag. hell, i have about 10 of them sitting in my back room now waiting to be used for something. i wouldnt be surprised if there were a law against it though. we have laws for everything here.

Having worked in car dealerships for 20 years I can say I know in IL plates are supposed to be destroyed when they are not transfered or re-registered. So I would say the selling of them is probably illegal but havent heard of anybody being busted for it.

Latest posts

Back