Carb Guru Needed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratcrazy

Ok all you carb gurus, I need some help here with this one. Its a rare beauty made by Woodworth.

I found one, yes only one, on E-bay for a buy now price of $199.95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Woodw...mZ320248767550

What I need is more info on this lil jewel. It's a Woodworth VCCV 75, brand new, never taken out of the box till tonight when I took these photos of it. I have all the install paper work and parts bag with it.

Help me out here folks. What's the scoop on this beauty.

Here's the photos I took tonight :

Attachments

• DSCF0831.jpg
    DSCF0831.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF0832.jpg
    DSCF0832.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF0835.jpg
    DSCF0835.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF0830.jpg
    DSCF0830.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF0833.jpg
    DSCF0833.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Woodworth Carburetor

Have you been able to find out any more information on the Woodworth carburetor that has helped you with it? Anything you can share?

I need copies of any documentation. Your post said you have some. Are you willing to make me a copy of what you have?

I am looking at getting one of these carbs from an aquaintance, but would like to know more about it before the buy.

I have quite a bit of info on Fish Carbs, if you are interested.

MK Randall
[email protected]

-Help me out here folks. What's the scoop on this beauty.-

Well, Its a carb, its kinda square-ish....looks cool....and is a collectors item. Not really much other than that. Nothing special, performance wise. I have one sitting on the shelf in my office, next to a square predator carb, just for looks....[P[;):cool:

Woodworth Info?

I realize this thread is almost two years old, but there isn't much info out there on this carb.
I've got the "2-barrel" based version of this but no information on how to set it up and the vacuum lines/ports are not connected to the vacuum diaphragm canisters. your pictures are pretty helpful in that but the ports are not in the same place on mine so I'm still trying to figure out where what goes, and where to tap for distributor, water injection, etc.

Have you been able to find out any more information on the Woodworth carburetor? Anything you can share?
I too need copies of any documentation. Would you be willing to make a copy for me of what you do have? Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

Ok all you carb gurus, I need some help here with this one. Its a rare beauty made by Woodworth.

I found one, yes only one, on E-bay for a buy now price of $199.95.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Woodw...mZ320248767550

What I need is more info on this lil jewel. It's a Woodworth VCCV 75, brand new, never taken out of the box till tonight when I took these photos of it. I have all the install paper work and parts bag with it.

Help me out here folks. What's the scoop on this beauty.

Here's the photos I took tonight :

Screw that!

Why reinvent the wheel? Probably suck to get any parts for that when you breakdown in East Pitchfork, Kansas!

Carburetor United States Patent 4298549
Abstract:Disclosed is a carburetor which regulates the supply of fuel and air in response to the vacuum pressure conditions in the mixing chamber between a downstream butterfly throttle valve and an upstream butterfly air valve. Liquid fuel is supplied to the mixing chamber through a nozzle with a number of small orifices and its delivery is controlled by a fuel supply valve operated by the air valve shaft. The air valve and fuel supply valve are operated in unison by a vacuum responsive actuator connected to the mixing chamber and adapted to adjust the air flow through the air valve in response to mixing chamber vacuum pressure. A second vacuum responsive actuator connected to the intake manifold is used to enrichen or lean the fuel mixture ratio in response to engine demand by bleeding air into the fuel supply line between the fuel valve and nozzle. The fuel valve has a vertically reciprocal piston which is operated in a vertical bore in the carburetor housing by an eccentric pin on the air valve shaft, and a cam follower with a self adjusting fulcrum. Choking for cold engine starts is achieved by biasing the air valve butterfly or regulating an outside air bleed line by a temperature responsive valve.

Inventors:Woodworth, Albert H. (Carlsbad, CA)
Application Number:06/088944 Publication Date:11/03/1981
Filing Date:10/29/1979 Export Citation
Assignee:Woodworth, Carburetor Corp Of Nevada (Carlsbad, CA)
Primary Class:261/39.3 Other Classes:261/50.2, 261/64.6, 261/121.4 International Classes:F02M7/22; F02M7/28; F02M17/09; F02M7/00; F02M17/00; (IPC1-7): F02M7/22 Field of Search:261/5A, 261/44C, 261/39B, 261/64E, 261/121B View Patent Images:Download PDF 4298549

It might look different , but it was designed as an emission carb.....
You will have trouble finding parts, note the top gasket has been "sealed" with goo...how much of that goo fell into the carb bowl????????

Latest posts

Back