Carnage on Larimer - Digital Art Work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeR

I'm working with some new digital art techniques and would like your opinions on these images. Each one was done a bit differently. Let me know if you like one or more of the styles here:

This one is the most detailed, similar to original photo:

1946 Chevrolet Pickup - Night Life Speed Shop - Ethan Conyers - 1 - Painted by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

This one is more like a painted image with bright, saturated tones:

1923 Ford Roadster - Newstalgia Custom Paint - 2 - Painted by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

Less detail, more like a painting, softer tones and linework:

1955 Pontiac Star Chief - Casuals CC - 1 - Painted by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

This is similar to a color sketch done with pastels:

1930 Ford Model A Coupe - Bob - 2 - Painted by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

Like em or Hate em - just let me know.

Thanks!

Mike

Stacy,

Thanks for the comments and for checking out the website. I use a combination of software to create these images. Images start out as multiple exposure RAW files initially edited in Adobe Camera Raw, CS6 which are color and tone corrected and saved as TFF files. The three exposures are combined into an HDR composite image using Photomatix Pro. Next I did a batch of edits in Photoshop CS6 with the final "Painted" touch using Tapaz Labs "Simplify 4" filter.

Mike

They all do look good. But to be picky, since you asked.....

1 and 2 look very similar except 1 looks like it was taken on a hazy day in Arkansas and 2 looks like it was taken on a dry sunny day in Arizona. In both, the chrome and tires look more real than the rest of it - which could be good or bad. I think I'd prefer a little less real for both. 3 looks almost like a architectural water color (about the only style of watercolor I can stomach.) 4 Looks a little too soft for me. Though it maybe the car that I think needs a harder edge.

I like them all, but lean to 3 and 4. I like the style of the forth one more, but I think cars with colors that pop would work better then dark or flat ones. I dig how the red pops on the rims.

HUH????

Stacy,

Images start out as multiple exposure RAW files initially edited in Adobe Camera Raw, CS6 which are color and tone corrected and saved as TFF files. The three exposures are combined into an HDR composite image using Photomatix Pro. Next I did a batch of edits in Photoshop CS6 with the final "Painted" touch using Tapaz Labs "Simplify 4" filter.

Mike

What did he just say???? Seriously, they are great.... having owned a 58 Chevy Impala that one got my attention...but the others are great....Just don't have a clue how you did it but it looks good for sure....[cl

Latest posts

Back