Changing my regular wheels to old 19x3 spokes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Washburnin

So i bought these spokes "19x3" from a guy along with the original brakedrums and backingplates he had and tried to install them on my 1950's chevy straight axle front end. Once i got the drums up and on there it became apparent that my spindles possibly are shorter than maybe the ones he had run? Now that is my question.....with both break drums flat on the ground the ones that are spoke compatibal are an inch taller. Im assuming i need longer spindles? Or is there spindles of different lengths for 50 chevy front ends? My flixr is washburnin where i have posted pics. Thanks for all ya'lls help!

So, can you get the backing plates and brake drums that are not compatible with your spoke wheels to fit on your spindles? If so could you use a 1" thick wheel adapter for your spoke wheels? Don't know about longer spindles sorry.

My spindles as u can see in the pictures i poseted i think are shorter due to the height of the break drum. I was just wonderin if there were multiple spindle lengths or just onE for the chevy straight axle front end 6 bolt pattern. Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks

John

Latest posts

Back