Checkin' In

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docmike

I just wanted to introduce myself before I start asking questions that have been covered a thousand times already here in the forums... Just kidding, I will use the search function before asking a bunch of questions that give away the fact that I'm a newbie here. My name is Mike and I live in northern Illinois (not the Republik of Chicago). I'm 52 years old and I've been a gear head my whole life. I just purchased a '51 Chevy Deluxe that has never been customized in any way. It is in real good condition. The floor pans and trunk floor are in great shape. The rockers need to be replaced because of rust but the rest just needs a little TLC and a hammer and dolly. I got it with no motor or trans so it will be getting a small block with an automatic trans. I plan on making it into a mild 50's style custom, wide whites, flipper hubcaps, on red steel wheels. Maybe a set of lake pipes, '59 Caddy taillights and, frenched headlights. I'm not really planning on building a rat but, it will be a rat while it is being built.

Doc

Sorry about not posting pics inmy first post, I thought I had them attached but...... Anyway let me try this again.
FarmChevy.jpg

DSCF1582.jpg

DSCF1584.jpg

Doc

Hey Doc sounds like I did about a year ago.Must be when you work on cars your hole life and you hit 50 you want to build something thats your design.I know I did and had almost as much fun building it as I do driving it.I did all the add on's that you are going to use and It's going to feel great the first thumbs up you get driving it. have fun on your build.bad gas

Latest posts

Back