Checking in... where has time gone???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys... I haven't posted in here in awhile, mostly because I've been so stinkin busy with the magazine, but partly because I think I'm getting lazier as summer ends. I wanted to jump in and recap what I've been doing - thought some of you might find it interesting. It'll be redundant for those of you I talk to on a regular basis... but bear with me. :)

I'll tell you what - the rat rod scene has taken over my life. When I first stepped into this forum I was green as green could be... but I stuck my nose in it, and its paid off. No - I'm not a great rat rod mind yet. Can't build my own ride (yet) or rattle off a tech piece... but I know a hell of a lot more than when I started.

The magazine has been a blast to design and grow. We've released three issues now, going on our fourth, and I'm having so much fun. Still to this day I haven't met one single rat rod owner, builder, or enthusiast that I didn't like. That blows my mind! Between my dad, Chad the photographer, and myself, we've hit every local event we could, from car shows to swap meets - hell we've even hit a bikini car wash along the way. I even set up our booth at a "shiny only" show in my hometown. I think it made a statement (although it wasn't good for sales)

We also have a couple projects going... we have a 29 Chevy sedan we've got in the hopper, and we have this 1950 international pickup we've been using as our company ride. I know, not really a rat, but we love the thing... it's been to a lot of shows and makes for a fun billboard. Its still a work in progress.

nash_small.jpg

I've had such a great time at shows, its depressing to know that the summer is coming to an end. Minnesota is very unforgiving after october... but we're going to push ahead and host some indoor swap events, and get down to some warmer climates. I will certainly miss hanging out in the booth on a beautiful summer day - I hope to God this winter rolls by quickly. (below: me, Bryan from the Peckerheadz c.c., and my dad in the booth at the Rat Rod Rendzevous a couple weeks ago)

booth_small.jpg

Anyway... thats what I've been up to. I've been in the forum to browse, just haven't posted much. I hope you all are having a rockin' summer too!!

Steve

Yes, Steve. Working with you on this project has been a blast!

I have kinda dabbled with the idea of building a rat rod for some time now, but now that I have been shooting photos of them non stop for the past 7 months I'd have to say I am hooked.

The creativity that goes into these cars is truly outstanding and I get blown away with every car I shoot. So much of these cars are hand built that it's almost like anything goes.

And I agree with you about the owners. I have not met a single owner that wasn't nice.

I look forward to continuing to shoot for Rat Rod Magazine.

Latest posts

Back