chevy panel

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensens ratrods

my boss towed this in a while back. the guys time is up tuesday to pick it up .boss said if i build a deck for his camper i can have it . he has all the lumber and will help .not sure on year or any planes yet but i think it could be a cool ride what do you think

Attachments

• DSCF0061.jpg
    DSCF0061.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 58
  • !cid__07-15-10951549.jpg
    !cid__07-15-10951549.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0062.jpg
    DSCF0062.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF0068.jpg
    DSCF0068.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCF0065.jpg
    DSCF0065.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 48
more pics chevy

also its missing passenger door will a pickup door fit

Attachments

• DSCF0069.jpg
    DSCF0069.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 25
  • !cid__07-15-10951544.jpg
    !cid__07-15-10951544.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0066.jpg
    DSCF0066.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0067.jpg
    DSCF0067.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0064.jpg
    DSCF0064.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 27
the plate is 1967 on it still has vin number in it .my boss has a towing company so he can get a title . they have a semi repair shop and also dump trucks . that's what i do i drive a 2006 kw quad axle . he said otherwise he was going to scrap it . no love for the old iron cant let that happen . getting to hard to find. told him if anything i will put it in my yard and look at it. i would like to patch it up better . find another six cylinder make ot road worthy and drive it .

ya i didn't believe my eyes when i seen it i take my dump truck home so don't get to the shop much. i told him that's just not right to take it to the junk yard. when Tuesday gets here it will be on the flat bed and in my yard. wife wont like it . already have my 53 f100 and my 66 chevy wrecker . oh well she will get over it . hope the guy don't show with towing and storage its properly a good bill he owes his lost my gain

looks like a good place to start another project...

you could always paint it black w/ green flames like the grave digger monster truck....:D:D

Impressive patch job on those fenders! :D I'm betting the owner was glad to see it go - same view as your boss probably. Nice find.

ya don't look liked they tried very hard. but people like us can see past that .and see the potential a lot of history there if only these old vehicles could talk look liked they used to store there garbage in it. at least get it home be awhile before i can get to it . but a least i saved it from the junk yard and flatten out .like my wife said i dont find rust it finds me .life is good:)

Looks like a 51-53 because it has a wing window if it has push button door handles 52-53. A little flat black will hide them patch panels.LOL

Last edited:
This will make you want to get it home.LOL

Attachments

• 0801tr_08_z+2007_goodguys_columbus_show+1952_chevy_panel_van.jpg
    0801tr_08_z+2007_goodguys_columbus_show+1952_chevy_panel_van.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 31
get it home might have to put my 53 f100 on hold . have to do like earthman said call it my Harley hauler my sporty will fit in it i like the way it looks from the front setting in the high grass

Attachments

• DSCF0061.jpg
    DSCF0061.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 5
Those Ad panels are great. But that one is a mess IMHO. If you can get it that cheap and save it from the crusher, I'd do it but I think it has way too much rust to save, when you consider one in that same condition without all the cancer might fetch $1500 tops.

ya i know it has allot of rust. lot of work that's what makes it fun.get a little brownie points from my boss free lunch free beer free panel . end up helping him anyway . cant really tell him no he has to help anyway. haven't got it home yet .hes even bringing it to my house on his flat bed .how can i go wrong.

ad panel doors

A friend used a 54 panel to make an extended cab truck for a customer and found that the doors do not exchange with the pickup very well. He was trying to use the owner's original '48 cab doors for the one piece window to save some time. I think he still has the part of the body surrounding the rear fenders that would make good repair panels for that one. I can check with my friend about the pieces if you want and let you know if they ae still at the shop. I have the rear fenders and back doors that came off the '54 that I had thought about using to make an extended cab that had doors that open like the late model trucks.

well get to bring it home tomorrow. get it here look it over good go from there. tires and rims for it there six bolt rims .i have some off my old 91 full size jimmy. but haven't tried them yet to see if they will fit. did find another six cylinder and tranny. want to keep it as close to original as possible

nice find.

6'' chop? that would rock, even 4'' would look cool.

art morrison pro-street chassis and a 496 bbc crate motor/700r4 and a
9'' ford with airbags all around.

huge sound system and plasma tv in back.

custom dash and seats up front.

now that would be the coolest ride in town, probally the state:D

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back