Chevy truck...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawg

I have an assortment of truck parts I've been scrounging together for a number of years, with the intentions of building a shop truck/parts chaser. I have a 36 low cab, a 35 grille, and a bed from some other year. I want to run full fenders, and a chopped top (of course), so I had the idea of just dropping the sheet metal onto an already running small truck like a Toyota or something. Yesterday, I ended up with a 96 Nissan, theat runs good, but the body is thrashed. Was just wondering if anyone here had done something similar? TIA...

It's a great idea. Done all the time with a S-10 chassis'. I've seen a few done withDodge Dakotas and Toyotas and maybe one Nissan. Good decision to leave the fenders on with the IFS.

I have an assortment of truck parts I've been scrounging together for a number of years, with the intentions of building a shop truck/parts chaser. I have a 36 low cab, a 35 grille, and a bed from some other year. I want to run full fenders, and a chopped top (of course), so I had the idea of just dropping the sheet metal onto an already running small truck like a Toyota or something. Yesterday, I ended up with a 96 Nissan, theat runs good, but the body is thrashed. Was just wondering if anyone here had done something similar? TIA...

Guy's been doin' it for years. My first was in 73. I put a 57 Ford 1/2 T. step body on a low mile 72 1/2 T. chassis. I also put some Camaro front clips under different cars and trucks. On a difficult scale of 1-10 it's in the 5-7 range.

Yea, I was just thinking that everything was already there, and it would be basicly just be a cab and bed swap with a little bit of fab work . But, if you did it right, you wouldn't even have to bust the brake lines loose?... :D

Latest posts

Back