Chop Opinions - partII

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How bout a little off the nose too?

Attachments

• sf.JPG
    sf.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 14
This is kinda how I plan to cut this thing up. The front of the roof will move forward to align the A-pillar. The rear roof/trunk section will move back to align the C-pillar. B-pillar top will be cut and realigned. The D-pillar area will be slid down and reformed to match - that might take a relief cut also.

The section will kinda go the same. A cut over the rear fender and near the bottom of the doors. The part next to the rear fender will need to be pulled in and the fender extended to fill the gap. The hood will be the last part I do, I can go hoodless for awhile.

The bottom of the trunk will be removed. The rear fenders and trunk area will have to be dealt with as I go. But I plan to mirror the fender tails over. Kinda like I did on my F100.

The fenders will be uncut.
IMGP9843cuts.jpg

I see by the photo that you're also planning on cutting up your neighbor's car!:eek:...Good luck with the project Sam...It's gonna look great when you're finished!..CR[cl

whew, that back ends gonna take some thought. It's like trying to section an egg. Cant' wait to see some pics of it drawn and quartered.

Made a few cuts of my own. Areas in red to be removed.:D
What can I say, had some time on my hands.

Attachments

• imgp9843cuts.jpg
    imgp9843cuts.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 15
I can't section the fenders or I'll have to run on 13's. The rear tires hit the fenders already - when aired out. And if I could figure out how to raise 'em a couple inches, I'd run bigger tires!

I have pics of some chops done to early 50's slope backs, but their on another computer. I'll have to post a couple later - shows how the back is cut up, and how the fenders are dealt with.

Right now I've been playing around with the panel idea. It would keep me from having to deal with all that side glass, but how would I get in the back?

Here is a pic of a 49 (I think) trunk area. Same idea. I'll have to widen my roof/trunk sections because I want to lean the pillars in as little as possible.

Attachments

• 7aa2.jpg
    7aa2.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 17
Right now I've been playing around with the panel idea. It would keep me from having to deal with all that side glass, but how would I get in the back?

Get a door from an old Hearse or panel and lay it in there, can't be any harder that what you are already attempting.:rolleyes:

That pic of the chevy chop looks fun, I did a 40 Ford 2dr sedan back in the early 70s that way, made it alot eaiser by just dropping the whole thing and move'n it all forward and made the rear alot more interesting by have'n the fenders protrude out a few more inches than orig.
Wish I had pics of that but like I said 71/72 and it just wasn't as easy to snap and save pictures.
can't wait to see what you do.[;)

chop

im going for 3inch chop no section and panel conversion.leave the front doors alone.less work look great and you will be driving much sooner.

Latest posts

Back