chris from conn. 66 yr. old gearhead

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HELLO TO ALL, i'm a newbie to,also looking for some ideas. building a 1946 rat rod -FORD- truck. I'm going to keep the front and rear leafs,run a 350 sb, chev ,with a muncie 4 spd. ANY THOUGHTS on what i should look for in a rear end,[budget a factor]. thats enough for now,i'm not sure what i'm doing yet,feeling my way around this site... BUT any hello,looking forward to meeting you guys.... chris.

Last edited:
Welcome from lower Alabama, Chris.. you just get some pictures going and ask the questions and the good ideas will start rolling in .. Every-one loves pictures. and you can look at other threads for ideas on what to do with yours ..

Yo Stoner, and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
Rear-end opinions. You didn't say what brand of truck you're making or whether you wanted to stay brand specific. Are you going to drive that 350 like an animal or conservatively? There are pretty tough rear-ends in each brand. Things to watch out for are narrowness or wheel track width, speed ratios, or the saddles on an older truck housing are usually on the top, whereas the car ones are on the bottom. They can be moved.
Boy, do we need pictures of your stuff.
Keep on tinkering.

Thanks for the nice welcome aboard

As soon as we get rid of this snow i hope to pull it back down to the garage,and i fugure out how to do the picture thing i will love to share them with you guys...1946 ford pick up..hoping to pull off some sort of BUDGET build,"lmao" but any input is surley welcome. thanks again fellars... chris frm, ct.

Welcome aboard! [S The Muncie doesn't sound like a good idea at all............I should probably trade ya a Turbo 400 for it. [ddd

Lot's of helpful folks here, looking forward to seeing your project. :cool:

thank again for the welcome to rrr's

want to take a min. to thank you guys for the welcome to rrr's.. raising two familys finally i hope to be able to start and finish a project that has been on the back burner for some time..i also done a 1970 vette a few years ago,pictures coming as soon as figure out on how to do it. i am also a back yard pinstriper in my spare time. so of my work is posted at www.pinheadlounge.com look for strip-o-dex- under chris[stonecold] orlando.. once again thxs for the welcome to this site.

Latest posts

Back