Ck this $6,800 3 wheel car that gets 84 mpg!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Pretty koool & serviced by Pep Boys! 3-bang car motor but they don't say anything about A/C which is pretty much mandatory here in Tejas!!! They already have over 25K pre-orders!

http://www.eliomotors.com/

BoB

Attachments

• elio.jpg
    elio.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 42
What fun it will be !!

My neighbor has ordered one. I can't wait till he gets it so i can watch him push it up the mountains around here. 84 mpg lol maybe downhill with a tailwind. Also it will be nice decor in the grill of a Peterbuilt. I think he said he had to pay 1k up front and wait till Sept 2015 to get it. Isn't this what happened with Tucker and why the gov. put them outta business?

One of those would be perfect for me...........I drive only in town and only about 8 miles a day. I go to work, my shop, and shopping, so I really don't need a huge car any more.

I think I will wait until they are out and proven to be good and then I might actually buy one, or something similar.

Don

My understanding from reading about this last year (when it was supposed to come out THIS year) was that the drive train is/was based on the Geo. (I think I remember that it is a 1.0.) So it should have all the power it needs, unless they really change the gear ratios. If I recall correctly, it also does have A/C, although I wouldn't want it, even if I were back in Oklahoma.

On a side note, it is sort of sad when you think about what we Americans have evolved to. At one time our philosophy was "the bigger the better" and our cars, homes, and everything else reflected that. We made good money and didn't mind spending it.

If you look at the cars of the 50's and 60's they were HUGE. Now, we are happy to drive a car, like this one, that is basically a motor scooter with a body. I know it is more PC to live like we are now, but I sure did like the world when we loved excess ! :(

Don

One of those would be perfect for me...........I drive only in town and only about 8 miles a day. I go to work, my shop, and shopping, so I really don't need a huge car any more.

I think I will wait until they are out and proven to be good and then I might actually buy one, or something similar.

Don

Or build your own. I had an article a few years back of a guy who built a 100 mpg car. Used a small British car, about 1200#, a Mercedes reefer diesel and a comet clutch ran through the stock gear box. He was getting around 75-80 mpg in town and 100-110 on the open road at 60.

This vehicle has been in the woks for a while.
The big bugaboo is the fact that at this point most if not all states are requiring it to be registered as a motor cycle. At least as of last I read.
So that means that a MC endorsement is needed as well as the fact that if any states still have a mandetory helmet law you will be wearing a helmet inside the cockpit.[;) [;) as well as whatever Insurance quirks that apply to MC riders in regards to age and Ins.
People should just do what we do around here. Drive our amigo's and John Deere garden tractors to town....:eek: :D :cool:
Torchie.

Or build your own. I had an article a few years back of a guy who built a 100 mpg car. Used a small British car, about 1200#, a Mercedes reefer diesel and a comet clutch ran through the stock gear box. He was getting around 75-80 mpg in town and 100-110 on the open road at 60.

I saw one on line where a guy used the back half of a motor bike and welded it onto a frame with two wheels in the front. Ended up with a 3 wheel car that got really good gas mileage. That appeals to me. Maybe find a wrecked motor bike and start laying up a simple glass body.

Don

I saw one on line where a guy used the back half of a motor bike and welded it onto a frame with two wheels in the front. Ended up with a 3 wheel car that got really good gas mileage. That appeals to me. Maybe find a wrecked motor bike and start laying up a simple glass body.

Don
Yeah, if you did it like an old Morgan or something but those CanAm Spyders are just wrong, I just can't have any respect for any person riding one of those things.

Latest posts

Back