Cnchotrods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnchotrods

Hey everybody. We're new to this forum and have already gotten to know a few of the people that post here. Got to say, there seems to be a lot of talented people working on ratrods and such on this site. Cnchotrods stands for Clay and Cole Hot Rods, as in me and my son, not cnc machining as in perfect machine work. We just cut and weld and bang on them till they look right to us. My business and shop is Performance Paint & Chassis, located near Springfield, Mo. Check us out at www.clayphillipsracecars.com. My son grew up around cars and the shop. He learned how to run a mill and lathe before they taught him fractions in school. He was the first kid in class to know what Ten thousanths of an inch was. He was welding by 8 and has even learned body work and paint. He's now 14 and it's time for a car to get him around so what better project than a chopped, channeled, sectioned, suicide front, suicide rear, and suicide doored '35 Ford pick up? Nutt'n as far as we're concerned. Anyway, take a look at our project and let us know what you think. Advise is always welcome and on this project and very much needed. This is our first attempt and early style hotrodding.
Ratrods Rule!!!

Welcome cnchotrods. Man I checked out your website. There's a lot of heavy artillery there. It's good to see your son take such a serious interest in fabricating.

Welcome to RRR, cnc. Y'all do some NICE work. That 35 Ford truck should be great when done.

Wow, some awesome cars and beautiful work.
Welcome to the site...
Now about that "top secret" '35 pick build....
Glad to see you shared it with us, awesome build...

Enjoy your time here, good to see you and your son working together. '22

Last edited:
Wow, some awesome cars and beautiful work.
Welcome to the site...
Now about that "top secret" '35 pick build....
Glad to see you shared it with us, awesome build...

Enjoy your time here, good to see you and your son working together. '22

We listed it that way on the site for fun. There's a guy that's trying to duplicate it locally but won't talk to me about it or come look at it in person, so we thought we would make it a little harder on him. We really do like to show and tell people what we do here. That's the only way we learned ourselves is from the old hotrodders that share their secrets. We figured out long ago that with this kind of work, you can and need to learn something new everyday. The more you talk and listen to others, the more you learn. Btw, I checked out your build too, nice, very cool. I like your motor pick and those drilled brakes. We seem to like the same stuff. Glad to see it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back