COE

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S.

A local guy buys and sells a lot of old cars and trucks. He has about 10 around his place at any given time; all for sale. The other day I saw him haulin' this one home and I was immediately intrigued. What do you think it was...fire truck? I like the sliding roof. Thought you guys would dig it!

Attachments

• coe3.jpg
    coe3.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 123
  • coe2.jpg
    coe2.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 92
  • coe1.jpg
    coe1.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 90
hauler

a guy here put a cab like that on a 20ft motorhome frame and a teak looking wood deck and made a awsome car hauler.

the coe here has a 454, 700R4 and that baby moves.[dr

maybe do something like that:D

Later:cool:

The guy I bought my Model A from was building a COE with a flat deck to haul a speedster, was a really neat project. That would be one type of trailer queen I could stand if it was being hauled by something as such.

I used to have a toy truck that looked a lot like this thing. Mine had a phone company sign painted on it. I think it was what they would use to work in the field back in the day. Today the equivalent might be the standard box truck. The toy even had the sliding roof. Presumably to let in light and also to allow the man to stand inside.

Maybe it was a rolling 'fall-out shelter' with skylight! Or a horse trailer, minus the trailer!
Is that a Reo truck? Different. perley

Saw one like that on the PowerBlock I think or maybe it was Stacey David's GEARZ on speed channel. I guy took a COE like that one, stuck in a 500 caddi front wheel drive in it. He made a car hauler out of it that rather than having the bed tilt, the back axles moved forward so the back end dropped down to load.

Ever since then I have wanted one to do that myself. I have just never found one, nor do I have the place for it right now, but if I was to find one, I would find a place to hold on to it for now......

I keep telling the old lady one day Mike and Frank are going to drive by our place and stop to see what they can buy............. [ddd[ddd

Latest posts

Back