Confused???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynamicdan

[S. Kinda confused on where to start on this frame build......i want to do the z'd frame....like 15 in rear 4/6 in front....i want to run suicide front end....will be using 42' ford truck cab....but....should i have all my front end parts and rear end parts out ......or do i just make the railss..keep them a little long till i figure it out...this is my first build...i am wanting to have frame about 4" from ground....do i need all my tires and stuff before starting....please help a brother out!!!!!!

You need to keep your scrub line in consideration. That means you should be able to put just your rims on your ride after its put together and the only thing that should touch the ground is the the rims.

As for the frame length. Lay everything out on the garage floor how you want it and start measuring things out. If your doubting yourself make the pieces a bit long and cut them down later.

I was def going to make sure about scrub line......learned my lesson the hardway on my oldsmobile....and i will use ypur advice anout front end and rear end....thank yu...so basically do a full mock up ..without frame

Latest posts

Back