Corvette engine accessories brackets

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Squirrel

I'm installing a '95 lt1, (from a Buick Roadmaster), in my '50 Chevy 3100. The issue I'm having is the a.c. compressor sits to low and contacts the frame rail. It appears to me in a couple of diagrams that the same vintage lt1 from Corvettes mount the accessories much higher. Two questions...is my assumption correct and if so, will Corvette brackets accept my Buick accessories, i.e., alternator, p.s., and a.c., compressor?
I do see there are quite a few same vintage Corvette brackets for sale at reasonable prices. If the bracket would fit but require the use of different accessories that I already have that would be a deal-breaker.
Any suggestions will be welcome.

Hard to say without pics to see where your problem is. I have notched a frame for clearance and welded in a filler piece for strength. As to the factory accessories, they like to use the same thing on a lot of different models, but that doesn’t mean a Corvette didn’t get a different AC compressor than a Buick. Sometimes they clock the hoses different or the mounting bosses may be different.

The brackets off a 88-92 Tuned Port Camaro or Firebird will move the accessories up and will fit the LT1 engine.

There's a difference between either the Corvette balancer or the hub for balancer. All other platforms are the same. Alan Grove makes a nice setup for the LT-1 to mount the compressor up high

Latest posts

Back