couldnt help myself!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUSTEDKNUCKLE

Well today it starts again. I am helping my friend build what we believe to be a 1946 IH, the body is near perfect. I will post pics later. But thats not the reason I said I coulnt help myself. I went to by some straw at my local feed store and the guy behind the counter ask me ( Hey would you be interested in a old chevy truck ?) I said I dont know, what do you have? He told me its behind the store take a look. I walked around back and there sits a 1939 1 1/2 ton truck in really good condition. I walked back in to the store, I asked what do you want for it? He said its yours, but you have to get it out of here by Sunday. I said no problem I will pick it up. And the price FREE. I will post pics later. I guess my Viper will have to sit this one out. Rats are way more fun!

Curt:D

Attachments

• 2005_0216VIPER0006.JPG
    2005_0216VIPER0006.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 33
He said its yours, but you have to get it out of here by Sunday. I said no problem I will pick it up. And the price FREE. I will post pics later.

Wow... I'd have been over there in about as long as it took me to hook up my trailer!!! Congrats are definitely in order... I look forward to seein' it!!!

BoB

great story and great find! but if you decide you don't want to mess with an old, rusty, out of date truck, i would be willing to give you your money back on that one!!!!! just messin' with ya..;)no seriously:D....lookin forward to pics!!:cool:

Cool....

Looks like the project found you, and the price is certainly right !!
Congratulations on the new project....:cool:
I would think the Viper would be tough to ignore :D '22

PICS

Well I got her home, seems to be in pretty good shape. I am going to pull the cab soon. If anyone is looking for the front fenders let me know there free along with the PTO trans or what ever else I am not using. I just nee the cab,and hood. Tell me what ya think.

Curt:)

Attachments

• 1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 010.jpg
    1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 010.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 005.jpg
    1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 005.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 008.jpg
    1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 008.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 009.jpg
    1940,S SOMETHING TRUCK 009.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 28
Sweet deal Bustedknuckle! Congrats on the truck! It's always good to hear that there are still some generous people out there. The old truck looks to be in great shape.

Thunder1

YEAR

I think your right, its probably 1946. Oh one more thing as I was leaving the feed store a guy passed me and then stopped, he got out of his truck and walked upped and said hey, thats the truck I used to own do you want the pink for it. WOW what a day. I drove to the old mans house and he gave me all the paper work on it. I should have played lotto this weekend.

Curt

Latest posts

Back