Crazy Okie

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigD

Always been into Hot Rods and custom cars just never really had the $$$ to do my own at least not anything really nice. Had a bunch of go fast toys and mud trucks over the years.
Became disabled about 9 years ago sadly but it turned into a bit of a blessing in disguise. 3rd wife and I ended up having a child so I sold my Jeep to get a family friendly vehicle. One toy out the door in favor of a Tahoe. Gas prices hit the roof so Tahoe had to go and got a good deal on a nice car. It was a driver but a really cool one, Dodge Magnum. Met up with some cool people that talked me into going to a show with them. Custom fever too hold again. I've spent a bit of money and time on it and have a nice custom show car that is a driver. Not easy but I take care of her so able to do it... 2 best of shows and numerous 1st and 2nd place trophies.
Have an uncle that goes to shows with us with an amazing Dodge rat so I have changed my mind on building, selling off my custom and getting a driver and sinking the rest into a rat. Would really like to find an old Dodge truck cab, make it into a wrecker and drop a late model Hemi into it. Or maybe a coupe or sedan and turn it into a cop car.

Last edited:
welcome from the north east corner of ok, near vinita. how bout a 46 IHC P/U ? pm me and we can talk

I'm always open to something interesting, have to sell what I have 1st to have the $$ to play. Think we all know how that goes. Also have this 76 Rustang to sell that I bought for my oldest and is doing just that, rusting in my yard.

welcome,

to bad ya ain't closer,,,l have a 52 dodge truck l want to sell,

we like pics also[P

Later :cool:

I can do pics.. ain't a rat and ain't old though... List of mods is too long.. major stuff include Eibach suspension, Chrysler 300c front clip, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, shaved rear wiper, velvet and suede interior, Charger Daytona seats, 5 & 15% tint, stainless and sheet steel dress up parts underhood and billet pieces everywhere.

If I end up keeping it, she's going flat black and wide white walls with old school low rider pin striping.

Newest pic with a slew of trophies at a show
398943_361936667187991_1646451343_n.jpg

Underhood
542144_361936700521321_627748790_n.jpg

Charger Daytona seats
DSCN2091.jpg

DSCN2085.jpg

Here are some pics of what is rotting away in the yard... getting ready to pull it out and start working on it soon to at least running state since my oldest has moved out and left it.

S5002639.jpg

S5002640.jpg

S5002641.jpg

S5002642.jpg

S5002643.jpg

S5002644.jpg

S5002645.jpg

S5002646.jpg

S5002647.jpg

Oh and forgot to mention I'm rebuilding a trailer that my grandfather built in the 50's. It's a model A PU bed on the front half of the frame and front axle with welded knuckles. This thing weighs a ton! Thinking I might strip it down and give it a rat look to pull behind a rat...

S5002249.jpg

One of these pieces of metal is an old S&G Green Stamps sign.
S5002254.jpg

S5002267.jpg

Still has the old wood and rails!
S5002265.jpg

Frame and springs...
S5002257.jpg

S5002258.jpg

Howdy from Michigan...

Welcome to the site...at first glance I thought that was a lace paint on the underhood trim.....then I noticed the skulls....did you do the paint?? unsual treatment.....but looks good...

Welcome to the site...at first glance I thought that was a lace paint on the underhood trim.....then I noticed the skulls....did you do the paint?? unsual treatment.....but looks good...

Yes I did and made the stencil as well. Print, laminate and 7 hrs work with an exacto knife. Also have done interior pieces as well and reversed the colors to do the intake and the wiper cowl with red on black. Great conversation starter at shows. Another thing you can't see in the pic is the shaved and windowed fuse box cover. Only thing I didn't have a hand in doing is the suspension, bit more than I felt I wanted to tackle, everything else I've done or, as with the front clip, I was in on the work. 4 of us done the front conversion in 4 hrs with adult beverage breaks.

To give an idea of all of the work, here it is bone stock 4 years ago...
newmag.jpg

And a shot of the fuse box.

DSCN1951.jpg

Cool.....very cool....

I'm not a big Mopar fan but always thought the charger wagons were pretty cool looking..maybe because they look chopped.....:D

Welcome to the site, you've got a nice ride there

Ty, and ty all for the welcome. Heard about a early to mid 60s VW so might be building that into a volksrod for now, price is right and cheap to build up. Though from what I've heard, haven't seen it yet, it's 100% there so might just restore it instead of cutting it up.

I am blinded be all the shinny stuff. :D

Shinny has it's place too! LOL.

Welcome to RRR! Good looking car. The underhood is sweet!

Ty, lot of work in the underhood and it's helped me with best of show trophies but now it's time for something different, been thinking rat but have a lead on a Bug, haven't seen it so not sure condition but it's cheap and mostly/all there. Also saw a 49 Dodge Wayfinder with a flathead 6 in it that caught my eye recently... I can always daily a nice classic while building a rat can't I?

Welcome from a mis placed Okie! Grew up in Owasso, my Brother lives in Edmond and has a 53 Dodge PU he may sell

Sweet, now I just need to come up with some money, fixing to get this Mustang II on the road. Had an offer for a 69 Mustang in trade for my Dodge but that is the only offer I've really had besides junkers and no money.

Latest posts

Back