Custom Grille ideas or pics....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneCold65

I'm looking for some custom grille pics for a '61-'66 FORD truck.
I messed the tabs up on my '65 grille removing it and wasn't planning on reusing it anyways, too shiney :rolleyes:
Anyways, I can't find very many Slicks with custom grilles so I thought who else would be better for custom work ideas than the RR crowd.

I do have a grille enroute from E-bay but I'm not ready to reveal my plans till I see how it looks mocked up but I will say it's a FORD truck grille from a different era...... ;)

Here's a plan I had for a 62 Sunliner but gave it up. Aircraft strut tube. I even had a pile of it that I had scrounged from wrecked planes. It comes in a couple sizes and is airfoil shaped. Very cool.

Check out i think it was samfears grill. He takes 2 s 10 door window frame and welds them together and puts a lil angle in them. That is the route i am taking when i get there.

Check out i think it was samfears grill. He takes 2 s 10 door window frame and welds them together and puts a lil angle in them. That is the route i am taking when i get there.

Not mine. I do recall discussing that in a thread at one time.... I don't remember who made it though.

One of the best grill mods I've seen used a 52 Ford truck grill. Looked great.

Grill Idea!

I made this grill shell for my sedan, but didn't use it. It's made from the tops of a 54 Plymouth Plaza.It is the grill that I just installed on my buddys 34 roadster,(traded for a big set of headlights)!

Attachments

• grill side.JPG
    grill side.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 38
  • grill.JPG
    grill.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 30
Well my grill showed up today and I don't know, it'll have to be stretched 4inches and it's a lot thicker than I thought it would be.
Really didn't have time to get any measurements before the auction ended so I just bid on it anyways and hoped for the best. Was surprised I even won it honestly.
I'll do some photo editing and see what ya'll think....

Well my grill showed up today and I don't know, it'll have to be stretched 4inches and it's a lot thicker than I thought it would be.
Really didn't have time to get any measurements before the auction ended so I just bid on it anyways and hoped for the best. Was surprised I even won it honestly.
I'll do some photo editing and see what ya'll think....

Well, what grill is it!?!?! :confused::confused::confused:

Well, what grill is it!?!?! :confused::confused::confused:
Ok ok, I had an idea about using a '56 F100 grill on my '65 F100 but after it showed up I'm not so sure...
Photochopped pic. Grill would have to be stretched 4 inches and I think the headlight trim added it would make my truck look bug eyed.

Attachments

• 56 F100 Grille.jpg
    56 F100 Grille.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 36
try turning it over and have alook. i think it is a good start to something different, keep trying.

Stick the grill on the truck, take a picture of it, then photochop it. That way you'll get the right size etc. and it will be easier to see where to stretch it or if it will look right.

There used to be some pictures floating around, I think on the HAMB, of a green 62 with a merc grill. It looked just right.

That's the one that came to mind for me. I've thought it was very stylish since I first saw it. I even saved a photo of it if this is the one you were talking about.......

I think it's the same truck that Sam Fear just posted above

The picture id old and not easy to see. But in 1971 I put a 64 Merc grille in a 56 pickup. Guess to give you an idea. The bumper is early bronco.

Latest posts

Back