Dagmirs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

He talks to the tiki gods!
I found some bumper guards off of a 55 Buick ( i think ) and I am playing around withhow to mount them. I am partial to mounting them so that the bumper guards wrap around the out side of the bed, and then building a luvered roll pan for the bottom of the bed. what do you guys think?

Pablo

Attachments

• dagmirs006 (Small).JPG
    dagmirs006 (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 86
  • dagmirs007 (Small).JPG
    dagmirs007 (Small).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 103
  • dagmirs009 (Small).JPG
    dagmirs009 (Small).JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 80
  • dagmirs010 (Small).JPG
    dagmirs010 (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 77
  • dagmirs011 (Small).JPG
    dagmirs011 (Small).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 78
I like them to the outside the best, angled second, and straight down last. Down looks like big teeth. The side view with the wrap around looks killer. Not as good from the quarter view, but still good. MY2cents.

I agree with Bonehead. I really like the look of the first picture. This bed is gonna look great when you get it done.

Looks the best in the first pic! BUT, what if you would run them the opposite way towards the middle and die the end into the center of the body?

That is what I was thinking. Cut the rounded corners off and make it so the two cut ends terminate into a license frame. You could cut them so only a straight section is coming off of each Dagmar. (Wonder how they got that name?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::D) Ok, I'm old enough to remember HOW they got it. :eek:

Don

I like them horizontal. I was thinking of using a set off of a Caddy on the rear of my car as well. Kind of hard to come by though.

Lookin good,
-Mike-

horizonal

That is what I was thinking. Cut the rounded corners off and make it so the two cut ends terminate into a license frame. You could cut them so only a straight section is coming off of each Dagmar. (Wonder how they got that name?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::D) Ok, I'm old enough to remember HOW they got it. :eek:

Don

Don, i actaully did take a photo of them going in, and was thinking what you had said. I am still undecided on this, i like the idea of wrapping them arounbd the sides, but going in would be alot easier.

Pablo

Attachments

• dagmirs012 (Small).JPG
    dagmirs012 (Small).JPG
    71 KB · Views: 45
I like them going in the best. Like Don said, I would put the license plate in the middle. I would then shorten the deck lid so that it doesn't roll over the back quite as far.

There. Now you have a bunch of different opinions on the same thing.:D

Pablo, I like the first pic best. How ever you do it will look good I think. You've
done a great job so far. I know you'll make work. Nice build.

Going to the center of the car looks better to me.Do you have the actual rear bumper for that body?Cut it up if you do and use it.

I do have the bumper. i have nat really thought about what it would look like with both the dagmirs and the bumper...hummmmm

Pablo

Latest posts

Back