"Dark Sarcasm"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been a while since I posted to this thread...(Too dern HOT)
This is what I did tonight.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 25
Bruce,
I don't drink Coke either, but could not find a Dr. Pepper bottle opener.
The big thing I like about the bottle opener is the color. Sortta gives the interrior a different contrast.

I have plenty of tread plate aluminum and I think I'm going to have to re-make the insert for the guages. I screwed it up last night when I was trying to cut the holes for it.

It isn't much, but it is some kind of progress.

Lookin good, Flat!

I was thinking about switching the gauges out on my chevy. How are you gonna put the gas gauge and speedo back in? Do you just cut that circuit board thingy for the lights? or do you just fold it back?

Don't you love my technical terminology!

Hey Inked,
Thanks for the compliments.
The gas guage and speedo are still in the truck. They hard mount to a seperate casing. Where I mounted the guages is basicly the cosmetic faceplate.
As far as the circuit board for the factory guages, I used duct tape so they would not ground out and then folded it out of the way.
Not a whole lot to it.
I still have not completed the install so I will take pics for you and post them here.

Hey, progress is progress, especially when it's HOT! Nice to see your truck coming along. You can always install a vaccum gauge in the 4th slot. Good for mileage...LOL

looking good flat, you beat me to it on the bottle opener! I have the exact same one in silver and was contemplating putting it on the dash when i start working on my truck again. :D

Thanks Joe,
I had the idea and never said anything about it here. Then it shows up in discussion. Lakota said he was gonna mount his dentures to the dash cause in his day, theu used to use there teeth to open bottles with....

Still waiting to see a pic of that...

Tell me more about the vaccum guage.
I had thought about installing an A/F ratio meter to let me know when I'm running rich or lean.
When cruising, keep the vaccum as high as possible for the best mileage. Hot Rod did a build on a Monte Carlo, years ago. Used a vaccum gauge to determine the best cruising speed. Also, the old Impala SS's had a vaccum gauge where the clock would normally be. The tach was mounted on the center console. A/F meter would be a good choice too.

Finaly finished with the guage install in the Dark and Sarcastic one.
Here is a few pics.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 29
Looks good FlatBroke ... Also looks like you buy gas like me 5 dollar limit:D

Tiny,
Not really 5 dollar limit, just sucks a lot of fuel......Even at IDLE....
Joe,
The holes in the other side of the dash are there from the factory. What you are looking at is a factory dash with all padding stripped down to bare metal and painted.

I had to do something to get rid of all that green in there.

I'm also posting the pics I put in the new thread. I mainly just want to keep them all in one location..........

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 9
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 19
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 33
Well,
I had very limited time in the garage I was useing today (where there was torch and welder) I wasn't able to get anything done on the front, but I did get some stuff made for the rear. Hope to get it installed tomorrow and maybe get the front done as well.
Also got to looking at the truck and may wind up having to remove the rear shackles to raise the rear up about 2 in.
Man I hope not.......

Talk about one step forward and two steps back.......GEEzzzzz

Latest posts

Back