Darrell Gwynn Car Show Photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well I hate to rub it in that the weather is quite comfortable here in South Florida right now as compared to other parts of the country but I thought you fellas might like some more show photos.

I jumped in with my dad again and headed out to a local Darryll Gwynn Foundation show. For the info of the youngsters. Darryll was a top fuel dragster driver whos career was cut short by a tragic accident at an exhibition race in England that left him paralyzed. He now has a foundation that provides wheelchairs to those in need among other things. You can check it out here...http://darrellgwynnfoundation.org/

Darrell was there along with ex-top fuel great Joe Amato. Teere were all kinds of cars there. I tried to snap a variety so there's something for everyone. My battery died so I fell a bit short on the overall coverage but there is still quite a few to see.

Enough with the babbling. On with the photos. I'll let ya know when I'm done so check back in until I say "I'm done".........

There were some heavy duty drag race cars there. More later

I took a bunch of these in the line waiting to get in becuase I didn't think my night photos would be so hot and it was a night show :rolleyes:

Before the show today I replaced those bogus 80's Camaro mirrors on my Dad's merc with these early 50's Ford mirrors. Much better I think.

The guy who owned this car had it since it was new. He dated his wife in it it, then used it as a family car, then raced it for many, many years.....skirts and all. He recently passed away and his son had the car at the show. He is the guy who did the machine work on the hemi in my coupe.

Thanks for rubbing it in....ah I mean sharing these great pics Bill. At least someone is able to still enjoy their cars.

Now I'm going to go clean the snow off my truck in 19 degree weather, and go to work

While the truck is warming up....I love the 57 with the drag slicks and fender skirts. The mid engine Corvair is probably a conversion kit they used to sell years ago. A guy here in town built one 25-30 years back after buying a kit....it was a pretty cool car

Latest posts

Back