Dave50`s 5w

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave50

Well guys this is what i got id like the SS front end but i wanted to get something and have it running to drive by july I hope. My plan is to get the frame,front end, rearend fuel tank,lights steering and the bare minimium together and drive it this summer,I will worry about the body this winter.I need pics of some coupes to see what is around the windshield and how the frame sets in.this is my first build and idk much about body work or metal work :( i am willing to learn though.It will have a sbc :eek: for now as i am taking the motor out of my race car as time doesnt permit to use anythingelse right now BUT I do have a SURPRISE and a very different power plant to put in if everything works out right and it wont be the same old same old and i think you guys will like it.Please any ideas or help will be appreciated to help me get this going for summer cause i am not racing anymore so I need a fix and something to keep me busy :p I will over the summer keep adding to it when i can let me know what you think IK the front end is gonna get me some poop but it was there and the wheels will go asap too thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0876.JPG
    IMG_0876.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 38
I first want to say you guys are the reason i posted my build. I have read alot of your post and was hoping you guys would comment on my build,and there are a few more of you i assume will and i appreciate it! You guys are great and it really means a lot to a newbie like me.

My reason for the front end was it was polished and idk how that would go on a rat site ??? I have a dilema and idk what i want to do, part of me wants a bare steel body like some i have seen and the other wants a yes a hot rod black rod.ID want a high dollar hot rod to just show and polish.I am going to try to build what i want and not spend a ton of money.

Gastrick thanks for the link! great info and pics I needed that. My car doesnt have a header behind the visor when i take it off theres nothing [S so need to do some research.

Tripper all i can say is its big bad and expensive and its not a common mill that you see in a rod etc they are rare and i will be the first to have 1 in a coupe that ik of as i have looked around for a year and havent seen 1 in any pics :D but i am a newbie so someone may poop in my idea when i decide to let th:De cat outta the bag :D thanks again guys

I like your coupe a lot. Don't keep us in suspense too long regarding the engine choice. Rust, primer, shiney paint, it's all good.

CR55 I will try to let it outta the bag asap but id think it will be anytime soon :( I do have to accumulate alot more parts

Yup i am missing that does anyone fab a steel 1 or do you know of anyone that has i probably will have to buy a wooden 1 or fab a metal 1 i need to search some other builds to see what it looks like in pieces thanks Gastrick i will check your thread when i can study it lastnight i ran through it quickly was tired

LOL I have this going in a 47 ford pick-up if i ever finish it but i want the coupe done first :)
Oh you guys wont quit till i tell ya lol I did some research and there are 2 33-34`s that have had this motor that i want to put in my coupe they havet been around in a few years though.

Attachments

• Durmax motor.jpg
    Durmax motor.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back