Decided to make it a drive the T-Bucket to work week.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryH

The weather's been really nice this week so i decided to make this a drive the T-Bucket to work week. It sure is a nice cruise home when i get off work at 12:15 am (i work 4 10 hour shifts from 1:45 pm to 12:15 am with every Thursday off). Hardly any traffic just the sound of the pipes and the wind rushing past my ears. I work downtown in a 9 story building with a secured patrolled parking garage so there's no worries there. But for some reason everyone ask "Is that your hot rod?". I wonder if it's the NTBA, Summit or car show t-shirts that's the tip off?

Even the booth lady got in on the act. "i heard you fire it up. I just had to see what it was. Cool roadster".

More of us should do that. For 7 years I pretty much drove my 27 to work every day. Customers who liked to deal with me personally said if they didn't see the car sitting out front they wouldn't stop. It sure made the commute to and from work a lot more fun too.

Like you I enjoy those midnight drives. It's cool out, you get all the sights and smells from restaurants, trees, etc, and there is very little traffic.

Don

Like you I enjoy those midnight drives. It's cool out, you get all the sights and smells from restaurants, trees, etc, and there is very little traffic.

Don

I think that's one of the things i enjoy the most. The unrestricted sights and the smells as i go from the city to the country. Especially at night. I had forgotten what it was like driving an open car. I owned a Mustang convertible and a VW roadster years ago. Both were entirely different than driving the T-Bucket.

I drive a 100 miles on ann easy day and 3000 on a hard day so driving one of mine is tough on my pocketbook. I do drive them on occasion and boy are they fun to drive to work. Makes work better. Glad you are having fun.

I love driving late at night. Grew up working for my dad doing janitorial work. Cleaning restaurant floors, etc. Loved it at night . It's cool, little to no traffic. And I know what you mean by the smells. Everything smells different at night. In a hot rod too, sounds like heaven to me.

Well i almost made it all week. The home made shifter linkage broke Friday night so i didn't get to drive it to work Saturday. On the way home from work Friday night (actually Saturday morning about 12:30) i'm sitting at a traffic light and i hear a "How are you doing tonight?" and look over to see a Fresno PD with a big smile om his face. "Man i love that thing". A little idle chit chat about the car, the light turned green and i cruised on home.

I use to love driving my '68 Vette roadster after 12 midnight in the San Fernando Valley. Cruising to all the hot spots with the top down.

I agree... drivin' a ragtop or roadster late @ nite is tons of fun. Years ago I had an MGB & there was a country road I used to love to take my girdfriends down at nite that was lined on both sides with honeysuckle. The smell was so strong & intoxicating it would drive both of us crazy if you catch me! I loved that spot!!!

BoB

I agree... drivin' a ragtop or roadster late @ nite is tons of fun. Years ago I had an MGB & there was a country road I used to love to take my girdfriends down at nite that was lined on both sides with honeysuckle. The smell was so strong & intoxicating it would drive both of us crazy if you catch me! I loved that spot!!!

BoB

Yeah Bob, right! You liked the smell of the Honeysuckle. We're gullible, but not THAT gullible. :D:D:D:D

Don

Latest posts

Back