decisions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I'll have more pictures Monday. This is 4 1/2 hours each way. Not sure if it's worth the drive, and if I could make any money on it but I sure do love this big coupe.

chrysler.jpg

WB3..maybe you aren't sure if a day round trip is worth it to make a few bucks on a cool old coupe, but I have to tell you, I'm getting more and more serious about planning a trip out that way this summer to do some hunting to bring some nice workable tin back east.

For me it would be a week trip, and I'd be limited on how much would fit on the trailer and in the bed, but to see how good most of the stuff is out there, I'm thinking it would be more then worth it. Back here that car would be halfway returned to mother earth by now:D

planning a trip out that way this summer to do some hunting to bring some nice workable tin back east.

Come a little farther east and you can drop a couple here in Ct. All the good tin and good deals are from the midwest and farther. Shipping kills any reasonable deals for us.

Back here that car would be halfway returned to mother earth by now:D

Are you kidding? Here you'd be lucky if the roof was still useable,hahahaha....

apparently i dont know my old cars as well as i thought i did...:eek:

what is that one wb?[S

and it sure looks like a good starting place for a project for somebody...lol

well, thanks, dr. c. - i guess i was just too lazy to look any deeper...lol and they do look cool, chopped or not ...ratted with that original patina , a guy couldn't go wrong...:cool::cool::cool:

Strictly looking at it from a financial gain aspect, the late 40's/early 50's Mopars don't seem to bring the same kind of loot that other makes from the same era would. Although they are neat old cars, the resale value might be an issue later. That being said, it sure looks like a nice project for msomeone. I know I like it.

OMG!! that chopped one is awesome (except the rag, dumb)
I have to make these deals profitable and I don't have a place to store cars here much. Well, actually there is about 80 acres but I can't turn my sister's nice horse place into a junkyard. It isn't impossible, I have the ranch about 25 miles out if I really needed to save something.
There is just so much more tin a lot closer to home than this one. I can't even get to all the cars that are withing 100 miles of me, let alone going out 260 miles.
Thanks for the opinions, just thinking out loud on this one and we'll see how the rest of it looks when my recon man gets back on monday.

OOPS!!, Wrong thread, it was the 66 Toronado I just bought. I did get some more pics of the coupe from my friend who was there, pretty straight all around and $400 is the price on it. Still a 6 1/2 hour drive each way though.

The chopped one in the pics has a good stance and I agree with Willowbilly that the rag is dumb, but the chop itself sucks BAD. The front is ok, but they chopped the rear window opening instead of leaning it forward? Not sure why anyone would do that at all. First that is now probably crappy plexiglass since the original tempered glass can't be cut, and more importantly it totally throws the whole roofline out of whack. It's all squared off and clunky looking - doesn't flow at all. It could be fixed, but it would take a lot of cuttin'...

And yes, for the car at hand that is a far drive for something you are looking at strictly from a financial point of view. Gastrick is right, early 40's and 50's Mopars just don't have the value of their Ford or Chevy counterparts. Not even close. They can be a pretty tough sell unless they are something really special...

I wouldn't lean it forward, I'd chop it straight like they attempted to do. I can't see the pic well enough to see if they messed it up, but I don't have a problem with the general idea of keeping the back square instead of sloped.

It seems my opinion is different than yours. :)

I am very anti-plexi though.

I wouldn't lean it forward, I'd chop it straight like they attempted to do. I can't see the pic well enough to see if they messed it up, but I don't have a problem with the general idea of keeping the back square instead of sloped.

It seems my opinion is different than yours. :)

I am very anti-plexi though.

Come on Sam, I KNOW you have a better eye than that! ;)

Here's a few more pictures. I don't see this thing ever coming home, I have better cars for less that are less than an hour away and I don't have time for all them.

Attachments

• chry 1.jpg
    chry 1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 10
  • chry 2.jpg
    chry 2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 10
  • chry 3.jpg
    chry 3.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 8
  • chry 4.jpg
    chry 4.jpg