Did you like "Hard Shine"? Poll

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard Shine

• I liked it and will watch again

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • It sucked and I won't waste my time again

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I didn't watch it, don't care

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I missed it last night. I'll have to try and catch it on rerun this weekend. Dave (Littleman) came back home after the filming of the show according to various hamb posts. Unless he planned on packing up and leaving for Cali later, he didn't stay for the job.

Don't have cable or digi vision.......just the basic arial in the attic and I only allow the kids to watch PBS anyways. Plus I am out in the shop until dark on my days off and really don't have time to waste and sit around the dumb dumb box.
And for all these over published TV build shows, screw them!
It takes a crap load of cash to do all these builds, which again takes a very large sum of cash up front to even pull off these TV blurbs. I donot have this kind of jack to toss out for any of these unrealistic builds. It is tough enough to raise a family of 10 at the house and keep all the driving rides on the road with only 1 main income as the cash cow for the family. Now that is reality and it is as down to earth American as anyone could possibly get.
So screw all these over rated TV build shows.

Maximo

Crazy!

I must say that Gasser they were building last night was simply awesome.

Tut,
That gasser *was* kool but if that was my car & I saw all those yahoo's workin' on it I'd be pretty PO'd. I'm sure they OK'd it with the owner but still... otherwise I thought it was pretty lame! Do u think Shine would be so patient with that chick in real life... don't think so!!!

If I was Shine I'd b askin' myself... What would Boyd or Paul Sr do!?!?!?! :D:D:D

BoB

Last edited:
Tut,
That gasser *was* kool but if that was my car & I saw all those yahoo's workin' on it I'd be pretty PO'd. I'm sure they OK'd it with the owner but still... otherwise I thought it was pretty lame! Do u think Shine would be so patient with that chick in real life... don't think so!!!

If I was Shine I'd b askin' myself... What would Boyd or Paul Sr do!?!?!?! :D:D:D

BoB

Bob, Thats the exact thing that I was telling my girlfriend. If I was shelling out big money for that car, id olny want Shine to work on it and not the beginners..

...Bruno...

We missed the first showing as we were at the shop, but waited up til the 1 AM rerun to watch it. I think I have to say the show is improving somewhat. Still some of the goofy drama ( what a whiner that girl is........can't wait til she bails out) and what is the disrespect Shine shows Pete? He acts like Pete should never come out into the shop........IT'S PETE"S SHOP, he can come out there anytime he wants for God's sake!!!

However, at least they are showing more car stuff, and I am glad to see Dave decided to stay, if only for now. I sort of did understand Shines logic about not spending so much time on something as trivial as a bracket when you are charging $ 85 an hour to build it. We used to have the same problem at the marina. People would ask us to intall rod holders, cup holders, stereos, etc and I would say to them " our labor rate is $ 90 an hour, how much are you willing to spend to intall something you could do for free at home?" Customers assumed we would just do that work free while we were servicing the boat......no way. Every time a shop like So Cal does something on your car the meter is ticking, and whether they are putting in an engine or making some little bracket, it still costs $ 85 per hour.

Overall, I think the show is getting just a little better.

Don

I like the show.he seems like a good guy and teacher.

And his " Is it a 10 or a 2" Has made me rethink some stuff on my rod.

I didn't really care for the first or second, but the last was better. Get rid of the chick and then see who comes out on top, don't think it will be Dave as he's back in Ohio now. I'm kinda pulling for ritchie.

Latest posts

Back