DINO Here in N.C.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dino the weirdo

Hey guys ...Dino here. Operate Dino's Custom Paintworks In Rockingham,N.C. see our stuff at www.drag-graphics.com Do a ton of Drag cars but specialize in period correct 60's paint and real hand lettering. Also have another little deal going on...Tribute site for Dover Drag Strip. The track operated in Wingdale ,N.Y. from '61-'76. I announced there and we have some pretty Kool submitted photos of the "original rat rods !"...check it out at www.doverdragstrip.com

You have come to the right place. This site is covered up with guys who dig the old drag racers, who appreciate you bringing along the the information you have brought.
welcome to the site.

Welcome to RRR, dino. Checked out both sites. You do some really nice work. As a former New Yorker I remember hearing of Dover but, not sure where Wingdale is. Must be upstate. Nice to keep the memories of the old tracks alive. Had several tracks of all varieties down on the Island go away over the years.

Welcome Dino....

Welcome to the site, Dino.
A lot of '60's inspired drag nuts here so join right in ;) '22

Thanks guys....Down here in middle of the Carolinas...have done a couple of FED nostalgia dragsters that run the Southern Slingshot circuit. To answer where Dover was...Close to Poughkeepsie ,N.Y. we have some great shots in our history page start-up gallery of old rails from the early 60's and continually recieve GREAT private photo collections. The track was home to many legendary car-clubs, and was first ran with the help of the Danbury Modifiers, Back then ,most Clubs had a "club_car" project. Notable is the Road Knights Rail that now sits in Garlits museum. Bobby Lagana SR (Jr now runs top full)...stated in '61 with a stock coupe then hacked it into an altered. Thats in the Gallery. WILL start Posting in other Threads Photos to get ya fired up.

Some great historical pics. Nice brushwork too - really like the grill work. If you threw some sand in your air brush, do you think you could fake some rat rust? :D

EDIT: As soon as I typed that I had a thought - I wonder if you could 'air brush' a design on metal with a fine media blaster and create rust art? Hmmmm..... so many bad ideas, so little time.

Hey Dino,
Welcome to the site. I am found a small community just outside of Lexington NC called Reedy Creek.
Glad to see another Tarheel as a member. :D
Look forward to seeing more of your work.
Take care and God bless
Larry

Latest posts

Back