disapointed in speedway???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chopper tom

Way too young to be a hippy!
have any of you guys tryed running the'' ahc''t-bucket headers from speedway?
If so have you had any luck with them???
I have been told that they turn blue?
I just recieved mine in the mail today and when i opened the box their was a dent in one of the tubes and scratches in the headers where someone had already tryed them on their car.
I am ''very'' disapointed :mad:,this is the first bad problem that i've had with them,it looks like some one returned this and speedway just shipped them strait to me,i knew something was up when the box was retaped ?
I had to save up for some time to afford to buy them ,and know this bologna????

hands down there customer service is one of the best. it does suck when this happens but you've heard about the "bad apple". they'll do ya right. I had some missing pieces in my front end kit and they shipped them that day

I second all the good things everyone has said so far. Their customer service is as good as they come IMO. I've dealt with them for maybe 30 years and every transaction has been flawless. In fact, my Son Don called them one day just to ask why his new Wilwood brakes were creating a lot of dust. Without asking, the guy volunteered to send him new rotors, pads, and a proportioning valve all at no charge! :eek: We are installing the new stuff now.

As for the headers turning blue........they probably will, but you can blame the men in suits. Chrome today sucks compared to chrome of days gone by. I have a steering arm that I am reusing on my 27 that was done 20 years ago and it literally looks like new yet........deep rich chrome. Todays chrome is simply missing a lot of the "hazardous" stuff that made it so good.

If you want good headers, I like Sanderson. Believe it or not, they just recoated a set of Limefires I bought 20 years ago and they wouldn't take any money! I offered to pay at least the shipping, and he told me the good word of mouth would be worth more to him than the $ 23 shipping. :) We have 3 sets of Sandersons and they all bolt on as they should, and work great. By contrast, my Son Don put Patriot headers on his T that he bought from Speedway and we spent a few hours with a dremel getting the flange holes to be close to where they should have been to bolt onto the heads.

Don

well it wont completely stop the blueing but slow it down, but when i worked for harley davidson , when we would install new pipes on bike, we would coat the inside of the pipes with bbq pit paint about a can to a tube, spray the tube inside at the flange, is a circluar motion till it runs on the end of the pipe , and rotate the pipe letting the excess paint run around the inside of the tube,to give a even as possible coat, let dry and install![;) also you can powder coat the inside of the tubes some places do it, they have a nozzle on a flexable tube they run down the tube and pull it out as it sprays!

I have had a customer number with Speedway since 1987. Anytime I have had an issue they have resolved it with no issues. I live in a small town named Easton, Kansas. I put in a resonably big order and somehow it was shipped to the same address number in Easton, Missouri and the people signed and paid for it [S (that was back in the day when COD was the way). I called customer service and after they tracked all of the information down they ended up sending me my order at a discounted rate for them messing up the ship to info.[cl

Give them a call Speedy Bill's in house policy will get you satisfaction.:D

Speedway has been very good to me thru the years....Just be carefull of some of their own branded stuff....had a few issues with quality...they took it back and I ended up buying a name brand thru them them.

Tom has brought up an important point. Speedway, like most companies who are trying to stay competitive, are buying some stuff from other countries......not everything, but some items. You have to pick and choose.

You have all already heard about the chrome Corvair type steering arms that we bought from Speedway, the one's teeth rounded out after a parking lot drive, and the other snapped in half while I was driving down the road. Speedway was buying them from Total Performance and immediately pulled them off the shelf and don't sell them to this day. They responded the second I called them to tell them what the arms did. They ran some of their own tests and the ones in their stock failed too.

But this is the world we consumers live in today. The quality of a lot of stuff has gone down and we have to be careful what and where we buy.

Don

If anyone here is in need of corvair steering boxes theres a guy in some podunk town in TN. goes by the name of ron pope motorsports :D he is the man for those goodies !!!;)

Latest posts

Back