Disk Brake Kits

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chv

What disk brake kits have you all used on the Ford 37-48 Axle? I know some mount on the outside/inside of the spindle. What were the pro's and con's, and how or did it effect your mounting of the steering arms? Im getting ready to order some and want to make sure I cover everything before I have a pile of parts....

Any info appreciated!

disk kits

Nothing yet, I bought the speedway spindles. I'm doing a suicide front and hoping i can do cross over steering. I know I'm going to need droped arms, but until I get the spindles on I won't know who much drop!!

I just recently bought the speedway disc kit for early Ford spindles ($300) and it went great on my '38 spindles. I'm using the bolt-on steering arm from them that bolts to the top side of the spindle. Careful when ordering the kit though, there are several for early ford spindles and you'll be tempted to order the cheaper kit, but if you read closely that will not work with bolt-on steering arms (may not matter for you).

The only issue I had was getting the bearing adapter to slide onto the spindle. The directions say to heat in an oven at 400 deg for 20 mins. Not nearly enough. I did 450 for 40 mins and it slid right on the second time around.

I used the speedway kit for camaro rotors and calipers, very satisfied with it. However, their steering arms I had to sell to someone else. You bolt into them and they rubbed the axle. Since I have gotten the chassis engineering ones that bolt through, alot nicer deal. I have an extra set in the for sale section if you need some.

Latest posts

Back