Diver and driver who loves Ancient Iron

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooks W

Greetings from south central FL.
I work on boats for my day job. Try to go fishing or diving when I can, and then there are the projects. Two of them are my brothers cars. He has a 79 Trans that mostly needs the interior, and a 67 GTO clone that is a complete frame off, and the frame is still off. Both of those cars are very nice, or will be when completed. My project is a 51 F1. At this point in time it is in pieces, but I have all the body parts and most of it is in very nice condition. The bed is rough. The front fenders are rougher. I have had the F1 for maybee 5 years. I am getting the itch. Originaly I was putting a Ford 460/429 in it. The frame is boxed and has a mustang ll type crossmember in it. I have no front suspension parts. The problem with putting any of the ford motors that I have is that they are all in baskets and need total rebuilds. So what do you think about this combo? 413/440 torque flite 8, jag rear. Both dodge motors run, the 440 will smoke the dullies on the old motorhome that it in.

The how too's of jag rears

I have this jag IRS I want to use but don't know much about the install. It is a later model, about 1985. It has the tube lower arms. At what height does the pumpkin need to be? What about radius rods or control arms, how long, where is frame mounting spot? I have much to learn.

Latest posts

Back