Do you know this rod?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozmon

I found this rod photo from the Rose City Hot Rod Show Portland Oregon,and am just interested in the build history.

Attachments

• rose city hot rod show oregon.jpg
    rose city hot rod show oregon.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 224
I'm pretty sure I seen a write up on that car in Ol Skool Rods a couple years ago. I'll check my old issues for you.

another pic of that rod

This was at the billet proof nw.

Attachments

• Billet proof trip 052.JPG
    Billet proof trip 052.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 114
I have been looking for what the original car was,and I think it is a 1938/39 Pontiac Business Coupe.

Attachments

• 1938 pontiac business coupe.jpg
    1938 pontiac business coupe.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 45
Ozman,

It's a chopped 1936 Ford 3 window coupe....................................

with 1940 Ford front Standard (not Deluxe) fenders and grill.....................................

Last edited:
Aaah nice one Gastrick, its was the windscreen and the front clip that was throwing me, he or she ( lets not discriminate ) had to change the front clip to suit how low it was going to be.I thought it was a Pontiac but that Ford rear pillar is very distinctive. Thanks Detective Gastrick much obliged. Now we know what he ( or she ) started with, now we need the build history.

clip?

hey gastrick, not to change the topic, but do you kno if that 1940 ford standard clip will fit on a 1945 ford pick up cab and be close? i like look kinda like a willys front end, and im thinkn of doing a gasser out of this ford cab i got but want that standard clip look on the front. thanks dp1

Attachments

• DSCF0016.jpg
    DSCF0016.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 8
DP1, people have have done it but it's not a direct bolt up. 40 Ford pick-up sheetmetal will bolt up to the 45 cab. I have a pic somewhere of a pick-up with the car front sheetmetal on it. I'll see if I can find it. Do the gasser!

Latest posts

Back