do you think i should return this new 3x2 intake

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollingthunder

I just got a new 3x2 intake from speedway and there is a pretty big nick on the carb stand of the intake..from the picture you can tell the big one on the edge..and there also I little one were the smudge is..wich is in the line where the gsket would set...big deal or not????

Attachments

• IMG_20120111_173940.jpg
    IMG_20120111_173940.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 70
That should be covered up by a gasket, right? But if it bothers you, send it back!

ISore

Id either dress it out, or send it back, but Im an aircraft technician, so to me thats a no fly item, begging of a crack is what I see:cool:

Yeah I'm a pilot to..lewis flyers!!! But anyways yeah for 350 bucks I should get somethin new.. they packed early ford hubs on top of it and one of the studs just ripped through the mani box..sucks..I hope they take it back its been 2 weeks since I've been able to get all the boxes open..thanks guys..ill keep you updated..well see how good the customer sservice is

Any time I have had an issue with Speedway they have been more than accomodating. You should have no problem if you want a new one. They even sent my Son a brand new Wilwood brake setup without him asking for it because the old one squealed and dusted real bad. That is why we do so much business with them.

Don

I have only ordered from Speedway once, and there was a mis communication on shipping, I figured it was my fault for not dealing with it and calling my order in as opposed to ordering online. They refunded me the extra shipping fees imediatly, as I had indicated my shipping preference on my order form. Long story short, I wanted it shipped USPS not UPS, as UPS rapes your with brokerage/duty to bring something accross the border, to the tune of 30% at times. I would deal with them again for sure, as they were so quick to come to the table and admit fault, which I wasn't expecting at all.

I've never had a problem dealing with Speedy Bill !!!!!!!![cl
I'd have no issues asking for a replacement.
At the very least so it would ease your mind, you asked :)
I have a rule in my shop and family:
If I or anyone has to ask if it will be alright, it won't :D
An educated guess is that it will not hurt it. OK if I were educated :eek:

Last edited:
That's good, and exactly what I expected them to do, based on how well Speedway has always treated us when these things occur, and errors and problems happen to every company.

Just yesterday my Son got a box from Year One with a new dipstick tube and dipstick for his Olds engine. He wanted an original Olds unit instead of the chrome one that was leaky. When he opened the box there was the correct tube in there, but the dipstick said "Check transmission fluid in park" on the side of it ! :eek: They sent a transmission dipstick instead of an engine dipstick. So Monday we will have to call them and see how they are going to handle the return. You always find this stuff after 5 PM on Friday when the company is closed. :mad:

Don

They replaced it..no queations asked

They aren't bothered, as the cost of replacing and shipping it just gets passed on to other sales. And the overall price of everything goes up a touch.

To my mind, I'd just dress that nick out with a small file, as much as was practical, and move on. It isn't going to cause a problem, you won't get a leak, and chances are you'll have other dinks and dents in it just as bad within a short space of time.

This is a rat rod forum afterall, not the HAMB. [cl:D

Latest posts

Back