dressed up the parts chaser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywrench

monday i decided my parts truck was just too damn ugly. it was red with a blue door, blue and silver fenders, white hood and green tailgate. one color would be nice so i decided on semi flat black. red wheels are a bit overdone so i painted a set of s-10 rallys process blue. i also bought 20 new chrome lug nuts and painted the hubs silver. then i decided it needed a company logo so i thought one up last night and lettered up the truck today. the "hot rod" and car are hand painted. as is the pinstriping. the rest of the lettering is computer, which i have. i also redid the interior with a late model s-10 seat and new floor mat. amazing how a little paint changes a vehicle. this truck while low mileage was one ugly beast.
blackie2-copy.jpg

i also added a lund visor. window vents and a bed liner. heres the door detail. i wanted something that said "hot rod" without having to read it. i think the logo turned out pretty cool.
blackiedoor-copy.jpg

Yea, the logo is cool rustywrench. The truck came out nice. I would think that in it's current form, the parts chaser would be more suited for attracting business for your shop. Based on your description, it looks way more professional now than it did before.

i like it

WOW a set of chrome trim rings and knock 2 or 3 inches of her stance and you have a bonifide hot rod. looks good man.

Pablo

i do have a parts s-10 with lowering blocks and drop spindles. ive been thinking about lowering this truck. not sure about trim rings. i have those too. maybe i'll put some on and see how they look. although not intended to be a hot rod itself, it is getting an air of hot rodding here lately. i kinda like it, and it gets tons of attention. go figure.

if you put the chrome trim rings on it would need a chrome grille. it looks good like that .

heres a pic of the striping. i chose a bold style for this truck. i'll leave the minute detail striping to the shiny cars.
blackiestriping-copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back