Driprails ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have seen people just use some 1/4" or 3/8" round bar and curve it to match and then make a lip by welding it to the body...

im sure fabing new ones out of sheet metal can be done.. but im thinking it will be tedious and time consuming just my 0.02

I took a piece of 1/4 round bar bent it to the sape of the roof then traced it to the sheet metal then cut it out about 3/4 inch wide. Then I tacked one side to the welding table then I tacked the 1/4 roung bar to the sheet metal leaving about a 1/4 hanging over. Then I hammer formed it to the shape of the round bar. Worked great! But like CORPO said it was tedious and time consuming but the end results was well worth it.

If I remember right. Chevy Chevette had them as an add on. Double sided tape with a sheet metal screw at each end. In both stainless, and plain steel.

drip rails

Amos ever think about going the other way and shaving the drip rails? A lot of hot rodders take them off and mold into the body.. Just a thought.

Yes, taking them off would be the easy way out but on this cab it makes the roof look to tall above the door. I do like the hammerform over a round rod idea. Thanks to all !

Go to Macs antique auto parts online. They make a aluminum style that work very well, used em on our Model A. You can cut and bend them to fit about any application. Pic here is from the model A book but they are universal. They just come in straight lengths. Hope maybe this helps.

Attachments

• drip rails.jpg
    drip rails.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back