Droppin' in from KS

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dark_horse

Hello to all you fellow rat rodders. Hope everybody is staying warm, we've recently been hit by a wicked cold front here in SW KS. Last week we had a wind chill of -43F. The water pipes running to my house froze solid and split the pipe and so did the sewage line, oh what fun it was to repair. Enough with the weather. I own and operate a shop on the outskirts of a small town, the Dark Horse Garage. I've been in business for nearly 4 years now. I work on anything from new BMWs to 31 Ford pickups, in a small town you have to be widely diversified to make a living. Besides being a mechanic, I also weld, buy and sell and customize vehicles, make metal art with my Samson cnc plasma, and repair all types of farm machinery and implements. I have an unhealthy obsession with trucks and pickups, especially oddball makes(IH, Diamond T, REO). My wife is the absolute best (I have to pause to let her read this part) as long as the bills are paid, the kids have what they need, and she gets a little something I'm free to feed my obsession. I've already got my son hooked on old iron. I gave him a '79 (old as dirt to an 8 year old) Ford Ranger which was given to me by my Grandpa. My son has to watch his attitude and grades in order to earn money to buy parts and we wrench together. I have several old trucks on the burner in different stages of completion. I love to mix and make parts to create something different and often incorporate agricultural components, I do live in KS after all. I'm sure I've left out all kinds of details but this is a good start. Enjoy the ride, its not gauranteed to last.

welcome to the site from ARkansas ....got any pics? my dad's first & only new truck was a 79 f150 ranger ....wish i'd traded him out of it

Welcome. I barely made it through your state last week. We were driving from TN to CO. We left Monday morning planning to stay in KC that night. We decided we better keep driving to stay ahead of the storm and ended up driving straight through. If we had stopped we would have been there for days.
Where in KS is your shop? I would love to stop by if I am ever close.
The Ranger is a great project for your son. I think you are doing a good thing by tying it in with his behavior.

Latest posts

Back