drum to disc brakes on s10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molinerat

I'm extremely dumb to this so please don't ride me too hard about it. I replaced the drum brake axle on the rear of my S10 chassis with a later model disc brake setup off of a 99 S10 blazer. I got ready to bleed the rear brakes and I'm not getting any fluid to the rear brakes. I thought I should at least get a little fluid back there. I disconnected the line from the caliper and I'm getting nothing. Please help. Thanks.[S

After breaking the line in several places I still am not getting any flow to the rear brakes. Front brakes are working properly. Is this a bad master cylinder or what? Thanks for any and all help.

Just a FYI

You need to check the master cylinder and make sure it will work with disk, maybe the valve block, Drum brakes keeps 10 lbs pressure on the line and Disk keeps 2 lbs
Just a FYI

Pretty sure you'll have to use a master cylinder designed for the disc brakes on the rear. One for the 99 should work.

Latest posts

Back