Dual carb ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearhead10

Gettin ready to rebuild carbs for my project. Gonna run the two 2barrel autolite carbs on the tunnel ram I got. Question is , do I need to run a fuel log or pressure regulator to the carbs, or can I just tee them together from the pump. My A has a regulator and log but is also a 3 duece set up.

What fuel pump are you using and what pressure is it set at? A factory mechanical should not need a regulator but an aftermarket electric will.

Gettin ready to rebuild carbs for my project. Gonna run the two 2barrel autolite carbs on the tunnel ram I got. Question is , do I need to run a fuel log or pressure regulator to the carbs, or can I just tee them together from the pump. My A has a regulator and log but is also a 3 duece set up.

I think I would still run a regulator and set it to the presure autolite says the carbs are designed to run. That would help eliminate one item from your list of worries if they don't seem right when you tune them in.

Cheers
RustyNCA

Im using a stock mechanical pump from NAPA. The model A has same pump and the regulator is set at 5psi on it. I believe a stock pump will put out 7-10 psi. Regulator don't worry me as much as running a fuel log. Does a log even out what is fed to carbs or is puttin a tee in just as effective? Tryin to keep it cheap...after all it is a ratrod;).

Im using a stock mechanical pump from NAPA. The model A has same pump and the regulator is set at 5psi on it. I believe a stock pump will put out 7-10 psi. Regulator don't worry me as much as running a fuel log. Does a log even out what is fed to carbs or is puttin a tee in just as effective? Tryin to keep it cheap...after all it is a ratrod;).

I don't think it matters either way. I am running a log with my 6x2, a friend of mine was running copper line with tees on his 4x2 setup. Another was running the banjo fittings.

I think once the bowls are filled and the float and needle does it job, it doesn't matter? Once the system is filled and pressurized I don't think it matters much.

But I am not expert, just theory on my part..

The fuel line from the pump to the carb acts as a small fuel log and if your just cruising around you won't notice any difference it's when you have big carbs with a lot of hp in the engine. The fuel log holds a volume of fuel so when all the needle seats open at the same time there's enough fuel to supply all the carbs.
Think of the log as you would the plenum in you house's A/C & heating system. It's there with a static charge so the ducts can get all the air each one needs to move air to each room.
Hope this helps.

Jim

Latest posts

Back