Duck Dynasty

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is being hashed ad nauseam on the interwebz, but if this is what people are getting their panties in a twist these days - a rich old man that says he thinks being gay is wrong - then we really need to take a hard look at ourselves. While there are people starving because they cannot find a decent job, while we are getting ripped off by the health care industry & the banking industry, and this is what gets you upset, then you need to evaluate your priorities.
And no, this is not a freedom of speech thing. Freedom of speech is having the right to stand on the corner and say the government is full of a bunch of crooks & idiots and not being thrown in jail for saying it.

Okay, I'll step off my soap box now.

The day we can't voice an opinion is a sad day indeed.
I wonder if they will sue for being labelled 'rednecks' as I'm sure that hurts their feelings.
It's time the world re grew its backbone.
I'm sure with their money the dynasty clan could pull out of the show and fight their contracts and show the tv company's they stand by their family.
Worth a watch.
http://conservativepost.com/duck-dy...ying-to-jesus-so-it-wouldnt-offend-muslims-2/

Last edited:
A lot of double standards on the TV. Been a bunch of opinions voiced from the left about Sarah Palin and that don't make the mainstream news. [S
The gay rights folks ought to practice what they preach. Asking people to tolerate them would go a heck of a lot further if they could tolerate those who don't see eye to eye with them. Bunch a babies IMO.

A lot of double standards on the TV. Been a bunch of opinions voiced from the left about Sarah Palin and that don't make the mainstream news. [S
The gay rights folks ought to practice what they preach. Asking people to tolerate them would go a heck of a lot further if they could tolerate those who don't see eye to eye with them. Bunch a babies IMO.

Exactly! I find what the rep from GLAAD said about this far more offensive. But that's ok apparently. I haven't seen or heard anything from the " drunkerds, slanderers, swindlers and the greedy ". Phil included these folks in his statement. Maybe the folks from GLAAD and others that are offended by what Phil said could learn something from them. What does that say?

It is easy to focus on things that really don't matter; they require little effort and no skill. One day I stop waiting for my ship to come in, and built my own boat.

These guys are not just your typical, run of the mill "rednecks". They are very savy buisnessmen and pretty good showmen to boot. This looks like a very smart publicity stunt to me...or not. I guess we'll see. :)

I don't think its a publicity stunt. The views expressed by Phil are his views and what he believes. He is unashamedly a Bible thumping genuinely converted Christian and it shows by his views on homosexuality and by the way the Lord turned his life around. Seems to me that Phil doesn't care what's politically correct, he says what's true and if they cancel his contract with the show, what does he care?! He has as much money as he needs and everything he wants and he was doing just fine before the cameras came into his family. I don't think he cares if he is on the show or not, and it almost seems like he is getting tired of it. My 2¢ take it for what its worth!

I'd guess Phil could care less about getting booted as long as he can hunt and be with his family.

If you believe there may be a God, but live against the Bible's teachings, you have to silence your own thoughts. If someone brings it to your attention, you have to silence them also, to again silence your own thoughts.

I read the article and what he said was nothing more than paraphrasing the Bible. If anything, blacks from an earlier generation should have been offended, but only because he seems naive about what he saw as a child.

These guys are not just your typical, run of the mill "rednecks". They are very savy buisnessmen and pretty good showmen to boot. This looks like a very smart publicity stunt to me...or not. I guess we'll see. :)

Did anyone notice there was a Duck Dynasty marathon going last night? I watched a couple episodes and can't say I ever would have had there been no news about Phil yesterday.

Latest posts

Back