Dudes, I've always loved those California built roadsters!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustybeercan

Never met a beer he didn't like!
A Calif built roadster, maybe you've seen it before. I heard this builder is a long time west coaster that's a really wild and crazy friend of Jesse James, James Dean, Paul Newman, Charlie Manson, the Beach Boys and lots of other people like that! :eek:

Calif built roadster!

Beercan

Earthman PM'd me to let me know that was on Ebay, I had no idea. The only thing I can figure is that the guy I sold it to has consigned it to a dealer of collectible cars, and the guy took a few "liberties" with the truth.:eek: It is almost like he is describing another car.........Built in Ca, Professionally built, cost twice $ 19,900.00 to build, etc. The funny thing is, I sort of expected the car to show up there some day. The guy that bought it has 8 other collector cars and either bought mine to turn or he found out he didn't fit well in it. (He's a lot taller than me and it was snug even for my 5'9".)

My ONLY concern is that I hope people know I sold the car in early October and it is not me selling it this time. However, now that I am a big time California car builder, please have your people call my people to do lunch or just to touch my welding jacket. :cool::D

I stopped associating with Charlie Manson.........he's just kinda moody, if you know what I mean.

Don

Hey Don, Will you autograph my dash?

Well, considering it's you and we are such good friends and all, why not. I take Paypal and money orders. :eek::D

Bill, did you know a few members from Clubhotrod got in touch with the guy and asked some questions? They finally told him they knew the real story on the car and that it wasn't built in California, etc. He said he meant it was built in the California style. This guy even gives used car salesmen a bad name! :p

Don

You only had 2,000 miles on that?

I don't know how he determined the mileage, the car had no speedometer or odometer. :rolleyes: Considering I had it on the road 3 years, took it to Turkey Run 3 times, Don Garlits show once, the Billetproof Drags once (all of them 250 miles each way approx.) and used it a lot for just local driving, I think he was a little off of that figure. :D

After all the factual things in the ad, I'm SHOCKED he was off of the mileage,:rolleyes:

Don

Latest posts

Back