dumb question. What is ....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tons and tons of traffic. yesterday there were over 10 pages just in the 4sale section.

i made 2 posts there. but i mainly just lurk.

i feel quite at home here.

Sorta like San Francisco , New Orleans and New York . Great places to visit - but not to live in .

Hahaha! Hey! I ws born in Frisco! But your right I now live in the cold N east rust belt. I visit but won't live there

I'm a regular observer there. The HA/GR dragster (I have one) forum has remained civil. The guys there become friends and offer lots of helpful information. It is probably that way because it is small.
On the main forum I have established some rules for myself.
1. Don't author any threads. I don't have anything new to offer.
2. If a thread gets nasty, I never open it again.
3. Don't look at closed threads because there is usually some anger component in there.
4. Don't wave a red flag in the face of the vocal, opinionated few by using "offending" words such as "rat rod"
5. Wait to offer advice, there's bound to be more experienced members chiming in eventually.
6. If I post a pic or offer advice never make a defensive response if someone makes a negative remark. Just move on.
7. Respect the fact that the site belongs to Ryan and he has the right to establish the rules and scope of the HAMB.
8. Don't get worked up about the inconsistencies. Nobody said life would be fair.

I refuse to have anger be an emotion that happens when I'm in front of a computer screen looking at pics and information about the hobby I love.
That's the beauty of RRR.[cl

good advice bobw--
that's some advice that could apply to ALOT of the different aspects of this diverse hobby.......

even on the hamb try to use tripper's motto---"be nice, i promise it's not that hard"[cl:D

BTW i like "traditional rods"...........:eek:

I've been visited by HAMB members a number of times at my home-uninvited. They have all been civil, decent people--in my yard. They acted like RRR people act on the net..

When you are "30 minutes from a cop and an hour from a hospital" civil is easy.

PA41

I'll usually drop in there to check out the Fri art thread. There's some talented guys posting some cool stuff- even though it's usually the same small group. Lots of hot rod art. There's room for everybody in this hobby, imagine how lame this would be if we all had the same tastes....

Randy

I was a member there before any other site. Not a bad place. There are some asshats over there but if you use bob w rules things should go pretty smooth for you.

As for the term like "Rat Rod" that will get you in the middle of some pretty nasty stuff over there. Also tractor grille will get them going.

For the most part I just check and see what is going on and comment on some of the question.

But I am one if you call my car what its not I do not care.

My opinion is that no matter what kind of car the other are into we all need to stick together to keep are hobby going. I remember the air shocks all the way up with the wide tires sticking out from under the fender and how that was looked at in the 70's. I was one of them with the shock and tires.

... I remember the air shocks all the way up with the wide tires sticking out from under the fender and how that was looked at in the 70's. I was one of them with the shock and tires.

The bunny car from Thunderbolt and Lightfoot! They hate that at the HAM too. I think I'd get a big kick outta seeing a car like that cruisin the streets - at least a bit of a laugh. :)

I'm a regular observer there. The HA/GR dragster (I have one) forum has remained civil. The guys there become friends and offer lots of helpful information. It is probably that way because it is small.
On the main forum I have established some rules for myself.
1. Don't author any threads. I don't have anything new to offer.
2. If a thread gets nasty, I never open it again.
3. Don't look at closed threads because there is usually some anger component in there.
4. Don't wave a red flag in the face of the vocal, opinionated few by using "offending" words such as "rat rod"
5. Wait to offer advice, there's bound to be more experienced members chiming in eventually.
6. If I post a pic or offer advice never make a defensive response if someone makes a negative remark. Just move on.
7. Respect the fact that the site belongs to Ryan and he has the right to establish the rules and scope of the HAMB.
8. Don't get worked up about the inconsistencies. Nobody said life would be fair.

I refuse to have anger be an emotion that happens when I'm in front of a computer screen looking at pics and information about the hobby I love.
That's the beauty of RRR.[cl

Good advice bob, for any situation. I always tell my kids that if you let someone else make you angry, you have just given them the power over your peace. They can only take your peace if YOU allow it.

if you let someone else make you angry, you have just given them the power over your peace. They can only take your peace if YOU allow it.

You hit it on the head! And now my wife thinks she is right in a dissagreement we have over a customer of mine. She says he is a PITA and don't do work for him. I say you don't have to like all of your customers as long as they are paying the bills. who is right?.......

You hit it on the head! And now my wife thinks she is right in a dissagreement we have over a customer of mine. She says he is a PITA and don't do work for him. I say you don't have to like all of your customers as long as they are paying the bills. who is right?.......

Most of America doesn't like who they are working for, why should you be any different? :D

Most of America doesn't like who they are working for, why should you be any different? :D

I couldn't go to a job I didn't like, life is too short.
When I was in the garage business, I had to terminate a few customer relationships. Some people just aren't worth the hassle. Usually I politely explained that we just couldn't do business anymore. Only once was it an angry exchange. That was a man who insisted he be in the shop while I did an emissions test on his car. He thought I might steal something. I stayed polite until he called me a stupid SOB. That's when I pointed to the door and told him to get his butt out and don't ever come on the property again. It took me a long time to figure out I didn't need every customer who came through the door.

This is true in most senses but this situation is in my side business which should be fun.

It took me a long time to figure out I didn't need every customer who came through the door.

This is also true. and is my wifes point. When your customers attitude interferes with your personal time it is time to cut the ties

Latest posts

Back