Dvap Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will turn out to be a really nice ride, Dvap. Keep asking questions, ther's no shortage of knowledge for the taking here.

Rear supension

With the awsome help from Rodguy and few others I was finally able to moc up our rear suspension. After trial and more error oh and the biggest help LUCK, we used many differant rear links and nothing would work until I found a late model truck that some used some pretty nice arms. We took some dims and behold we finally found a set that worked. I noticed on some of the builds here people use a cross member then attach there front bracket to that (which is what I wanted to do) but the drive was going to be in the way so we just made the brackets attache to the side of the frame.....is there any bad objection to this? Nothing is welded

Attachments

• IMG00374.jpg
    IMG00374.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG00375.jpg
    IMG00375.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG00376.jpg
    IMG00376.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 94
Great start folks. Yeah, we're all PO'd because we don't live out there where rust never visits! As opposed to Maine, seacoast, salt water/air, salt on the roads in winter! Did I say it snows here some? Keep up the great work. Perley

Man! I just can`t get enough of these old truck builds! I love em`! Keep up the great work. Lookin` real good so far!

wheels

Kind of stuck write now on the front cause we used a ferio front end assy not thinking about the bolt pattern, any have a source for kits that can change bolt patterns? I have set aside some olds ford 19" wheels but not sure where to start, this might be the thing that I have shell out of pocket for to get it>

Kind of stuck write now on the front cause we used a ferio front end assy not thinking about the bolt pattern, any have a source for kits that can change bolt patterns? I have set aside some olds ford 19" wheels but not sure where to start, this might be the thing that I have shell out of pocket for to get it>

Posted info for you in the other thread on the main forum where you asked the question. Hope it helps.

More Pics

While the temp has finally cooled down a little bit here so we got a few things started that I wanted to share and have to add that Randy and the thread "the cats out of the bag" have really helped us out more then I can say thanks for. The pics I have posted are a week or so old and will post better pics soon once a few other things are together.
First I'm showing just a shot of the inside floor area that you can see the trans, we only had to remove a few inchs of the oringal floor to make room so that was pretty smooth.... We ended up taking this dash out and we are now using a 39 Linc Zeph dash that I just couldnt resist using. It fit almost perfect!
Then you'll see I skipped over to the exhaust. We had so much fun mocking dif ideas but ended up with a square style that looked pretty cool. But when starting that project we had no idea how much time it was really going to take until it was done. I thing we have spent more man hours on this then anything else.

Well thats it for now but I will be posting more pictures in the next few days to show some better progress.
I would like to leave you all with a question. We are about to shorten the bed and we weren't sure if the best way is to take out the measurement threw the middel or from one of the ends?
Thanks
Brian

Attachments

• HPIM1162.JPG
    HPIM1162.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 66
  • HPIM1437.JPG
    HPIM1437.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 94
  • HPIM1433.JPG
    HPIM1433.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 93
That's a wild looking exhaust dvap.

Man I would kill for a 39 Zephyr dash. I have the gauge but not the dash. Been looking for years. That will look great in your project.

Dash

Gastrick I might have another dash shell if your still looking. He have a few cars up in out north yard which is were this one came from. Next time Im up there I can take a look for you.

hey dvap, great choice on a cab (same as mine lol.) the rear kick up is looking good. and that exhaust is wild. are you putting a baffle or leavin em open? love to hear it!

love the yards out there (i bought a 69 cutlass from ya few years ago)

dogpatch1

hey dvap, great choice on a cab (same as mine lol.) the rear kick up is looking good. and that exhaust is wild. are you putting a baffle or leavin em open? love to hear it!

love the yards out there (i bought a 69 cutlass from ya few years ago)

Great to meet a old customer here.....man I love this ratrod thing....you can say I was cut by a piece of rusty metal and now the rust is in my blood.
On the ex-haust it be open. We started it for the first time this week and it wasn't as load as we thought

Hey Brian, I love that idea for the exhaust. I just may have to steel that from you. :D

Also thanks again for all your help with my parts for my box. Now I can really make some progress on it again.

More Pics

here is a few more shots of this weeks work, we installed the booster/master cly. Moc up the tranny hump and firewall, and moc up the gauges, and gas & brake pedal. Today we are goal is to finish up the tranny hump and install the seat. Incase theres any question heres what we used

Gauges: Speedo is 65 Buick Wildcar
Fuel/Temp/ Oil are from 65 Thunderbird
Booster master cly/ pedal assy are from.......shhhh Geo Metro : )
Floor : used a tranny hump form 73 Impala, the rest of the floor and firewall
we used sheet metal from old roofs from differant models cars.

Seat : The frame of the seat is a 40 Olds that we cut to fit and used a
roof skin from a 58 ford as our seat cover.

While my welds arent pretty this whole thing has been such a cool learning experance and I just want thank those all who have help us get this far with our first project. Hopefully buy the next one I can weld better : P

????

oops forgot the pics

Attachments

• HPIM1557.jpg
    HPIM1557.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM1559.jpg
    HPIM1559.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 54
  • HPIM1560.jpg
    HPIM1560.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 54
  • HPIM1561.jpg
    HPIM1561.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 62
  • HPIM1562.jpg
    HPIM1562.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 49
Ever since I heard of DVAP I've wanted to go there. Kinda like Disneyland for adults. Neat idea of using "yard-only" parts. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Roof Chop

We started out chop this week just thought we would share some pics!

Attachments

• HPIM1679.jpg
    HPIM1679.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 34
  • HPIM1682.jpg
    HPIM1682.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM1685.jpg
    HPIM1685.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 27
  • HPIM1687.jpg
    HPIM1687.jpg