earthman's actual ratrod foto thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would've said tank engine before aircraft too. That's just not how aircraft engines are/were built.
I found this based on the Seagrave connection. Pierce Arrow introduced the 462 V12 in 1933, it had 175 horsepower. Seagrave bought Pierce's assets at auction in May 1938.
Evidently Seagrave added the redundant ignition system.
50664-500-0.jpg

I feel like I have seen this one (could be wrong) but I think it was an engine out of a Seagrave fire truck

Yep, Seagrave fire truck engine - they were still in production into the 1960's, a testament to Pierce Arrow's robust design.
That rod is owned by the fellow that produces Bendtsens Adaptors that mate vintage engines to modern transmissions.

I don't know but it looks like you'd have to shave everything and ride sidesaddle in the nude with your legs crossed to keep from getting caught in a moving part. :eek:

Looks like you ride it drag-bike style - pegs by the back wheel. I'm not really seeing a brake. Looks like riding it would be a challenge for sure.

Doesn't take much to excite you guys.....I've seen bigger bullets on a Caddie...
:D

HoHo!!! Sarge, you know everyone is not a slave to big bullets. I prefer small bullets that move faster and spread more....[ddd

Some interesting builds! Are those "Franklins" or just designed to look like?

Could never be a SLAVE to big bullets....lol

Just appreciate them...:D...Rejoice in what the Lord has made.....so to speak...it's religious experience....(as I wait for the lightening to crack nearby) :eek:

Latest posts

Back