Easiest way to polish pitted chrome???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
So, what's the easiest way to polish my heavily pitted chrome. So far I was doing it by hand, but I'm having trouble getting in around some of the badly pushed up pits. Any ideas?

I think I'll probably have trouble around the flaked off and rusted out spots too when I get to the bumpers....

What Chrome????

So, what's the easiest way to polish my heavily pitted chrome. So far I was doing it by hand, but I'm having trouble getting in around some of the badly pushed up pits. Any ideas?

I think I'll probably have trouble around the flaked off and rusted out spots too when I get to the bumpers....

Seriously, I've had good luck using new well soaked brillo pad then using Never dull after that to keep it from rusting again right away.... brillo pad knocks down the smaller pits and the never dul keeps it from popping right back .... seems to work good....jmho..

steel wool and WD-40. dont go too rough or it will scratch the chrome.

Why yes he did....

and here you see the officials checking for the best pits in town......:D

Attachments

• pitsniffers.jpg
    pitsniffers.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 17
Staying with the Brillo pad theme, I've always had good luck with SOS pads and lots of water. THey will make a soapy mess but they work great.

I just had a whacky ideer...what if after smoothing it out and polishing them if you rubbed silver crayon in the pits then wiped em down dry?

Latest posts

Back