Eaton Air Compressor Co.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

If anyone is thinking of stepping up to a bigger air compressor, I highly recommend any unit built by Eaton in Ohio. We bought one 4 years ago and it has worked many long hours and the company has proven to be EXCEPTIONAL as far as standing behind it.

When I tell this story it might seem just the opposite, because it has failed a couple of times, but Eaton has done things to make it right that I have never seen any company do. About a year and a half after buying ours the compressor started making a knocking noise,so I called Eaton. The President (it is a family owned business, second generation) immediately sent us a brand new bare compressor at no charge, freight prepaid, and said to dump the old one! :eek: About a year later the motor would not start, so I called them again, and the same thing happened..........brand new motor at no charge, freight prepaid, dump the old one! :eek:

This past weekend Dan was ready to prime his rpu and the air compressor wouldn't start. We checked and had voltage to the motor, so something had opened up in the windings, I think. Called Eaton Monday AM and fully expected to be buying a new motor as the warranty was over 2 years ago. He asked for my name and address and said a brand new motor would be coming out freight prepaid that day! :eek: I hadn't asked or expected that to happen, but he said some of the motors I had were experiencing that issue and they had a new motor he would give us.

For me it is simply amazing that a company today would stand behind it's products that well. I fully expected to be buying a new motor and really appreciate them stepping up to the plate so many times. We love our compressor and it works very hard when we are at the shop. Dan is a grinding fool and sometimes has the compressor running solid for 10-12 or more hours a day. We don't abuse it, but it does get to be 96 degrees in the shop lots of days and you can feel the heat coming off of the compressor when you walk by it. I'm sure that didn't help any.

Just wanted to pass along that there are still American manufacturers who build stuff here and who take care of their customers.

Don

Latest posts

Back