eBay is a pain

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

21willys

I've been trying to post a model A body for most of the day. It seams that no matter what I type or do my add won't show up when I search for it. I don't see how anyone's suppose to bid on my junk if I can't even find my own add.

Does anyone see what in the world I'm doing wrong?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-1929-M...224&pid=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&sd=111088325876&

If this post violates any rules please deleate it. Im about to pull my hair out trying to figure this crap out! Any help is appreciated!

Add looks fine to me.......I clicked on the link and it took me right to it, pictures all showed up and they are very clear pics of the important areas I think. That's a pretty darn good looking Model A body too! Good luck with the sale. :cool:

Yep I clicked on it also, and it works just fine. I do a lot of Ebay and it takes a while sometimes for a new listing to appear in the search. Looks like you got it all right. [cl

The only thing I would do is make your 5th photo of the entire body the main gallery shot.

You can change the order in which they appear.

Posting in two separate categories sometimes helps too.

Change your title to something like:

1928 1929 Model A Sedan, Rat Rod, Hot Rod, Body, Restore

Use all the character space available in the title for someone doing searches.

The only thing I would do is make your 5th photo of the entire body the main gallery shot.

You can change the order in which they appear.

Posting in two separate categories sometimes helps too.

I wanted to but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm using a mobile eBay app.

Change your title to something like:

1928 1929 Model A Sedan, Rat Rod, Hot Rod, Body, Restore

Use all the character space available in the title for someone doing searches.

That is my concern. Cause if I try to search for it, it don't come up.
I will add to the title and see what happens.

Thanks

I used to love Ebay now I hate them. They have become so greedy they end up making more on a sale than the seller. :mad: I still buy there because you don't get stung so bad, but as a seller I avoid them like the plague now.

Don

It sure isn't what it used to be. The higher fees have been a tough pill to swallow. I just paid last months invoice, $95 on items that totaled less than $700.
But then, I could take it to a local live auction and pay 15% plus advertising (total about 20%) and have 40 people there so when you look at it like that, it really isn't a bad deal.
The thing that gripes me the most about ebay motors is that search. If I type in 1956 Ford and search only vintage auto parts, I get pages of crap like cheesy chinese license plate frames with (fits 1956 Ford)

It sure isn't what it used to be. The higher fees have been a tough pill to swallow. I just paid last months invoice, $95 on items that totaled less than $700.
But then, I could take it to a local live auction and pay 15% plus advertising (total about 20%) and have 40 people there so when you look at it like that, it really isn't a bad deal.
The thing that gripes me the most about ebay motors is that search. If I type in 1956 Ford and search only vintage auto parts, I get pages of crap like cheesy chinese license plate frames with (fits 1956 Ford)

I deal with auctions a lot and the fees aren't actually that bad IMO. Like you stated the local auction houses charge a lot more and are more of a pain. Once I got everything figured out the app is pretty easy to use. I'm going to be listing a really clean 46 merc coupe tonight. Hopefully it goes smooth.

I agree. I sell stuff that I'm not going to use so I can buy stuff that I will use, and the fees eat up a lot of the profit. Pretty good racket they have, getting a piece of the shipping and never touching anything! I think they did that on account of some a holes listing an item for $1, then charging $50 shipping. Seems as though the shipping is more in line now.

I also hate the search! When I look for vintage parts, I don't want to see tag frames, LED headlights, cup holders, etc. And I don't want to see an entire page of the same item from the same seller! What's up with that? Why not one ad, with multiple units available?:eek:

I dug up your listing fairly easy, It was buried pretty deep and took me 5 or so minutes to find. D-Bay search is pretty broad and you end up with alot of trash to sort out. For guys that know what they are looking for they can weed through the listings no problem, Over all you listed it in a way that for someone looking for one they would find it. It would've made it easier if you listed it in vintage car and truck parts > exterior instead of salvage JMHO.

Eric it's on there it comes up I seen it yesterday .... you need to add the KEY WORDS in your heading....... 1928 1929 model a ford rat rod parts auto truck.... put any word that may come up from doing a search .... e-butt ask me to take their surveys all the time and my response is, the only thing e-butt cares about is making their money and nothing else... I joined in 99 and it was good the problems started when Meg took over....she ruined it, then she moved on ???

Latest posts

Back