ecm quesion

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williej

I am going to transplant the complete drivetrain from a 1994 f-150 into a 1964 f-100. I am wondering if anyone knows just how much of the wiring harness I will need to make the engine run. Where is the computer on this truck?

What motor? ECM is probably behind the drivers side kick panel. How much of the wiring harness will you need? - A lot of it. Unless your ditching the EFI and going to a carb.

I have done several chevys. I usually pull as much of the harness as I can get. I weed it out after I start putting it back together. Don't forget the sensor on the exhaust.

We converted a Mustang from a carb engine to a later FI engine years ago and I spent night after night at the library, researching wiring diagrams to get everything converted over to FI and computer. It drove me nuts. Finally got it running but not well, so I took it to a garage and it turned out the injectors were plugged from sitting, not anything we had done wrong. But I never want to do one of these again. :eek:

Don

Take the entire harness with the motor. You will pare it down to about a 3rd of the size but you really need to start with the entire harness. You will also have to have a custom program put into the computer to rid it of unwanted DTC's and functions. That way your check engine light will stay off unless there is actually a problem. It is time consuming but not difficult. Good luck![P

Latest posts

Back